Some new developments.....

1) I was unprepared - very much so - for the number of clients and customers that are loyal to my store. One lady who has been shopping with us since the mid-1980's came into the store in tears, saying "You're an Institution - you CAN'T CLOSE - we shop here, and my kids do too now that they are grown up!" I did not think there would be that many who would truly miss the store. Thank you for your loyalty, I didn't expect that.

2) Many of my suppliers are aware of my relationships with my customers, this forum, and the brand ambassador that I am for them. They want me to stay on and we are thinking of ways to do it. It is unprecedented to have a dealership without a showroom, so this is covering new ground for both them and me. It might work out, it might not. We are discussing how to do that and for me to work from a home office only, while at the same time respecting the other dealers around the country and not taking customers from them. It's very important to not "steal" customers due to pricing, I will respect that and there may be other conditions to meet as well.

3) The Keeping Room showroom and physical presence will be gone forever come February, and I will not be opening another location - that's a for sure.

4) My wife of 39 years has a serious and deteriorating disease that will require me to be home as caretaker. I need to be home with her and not tied to a brick and mortar store. . However, I feel I can still work from a home office and take care of a my existing customers and perhaps add a few new ones.

Right now my main focus is clearing out inventory...Its moving, but has to be all gone my middle of February!