Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock and Moore or Stickley recliner?

Default Hancock and Moore or Stickley recliner?

Hello!

I am going to buy a power recliner soon and have been looking at two recliners — H&M Greyson (champion bark leather) and the Stickley Woodlands (Amanda Cork leather). I have been able to sit in the Stickley and found it very comfortable but I like the somewhat sleeker look of the H&M Greyson and the leather color but haven’t been able to find one to try. I would love any thoughts on the Greyson. Or the Woodlands.

I haven’t priced them yet and I’m assuming (always dangerous!) they will be similar in price.

Thank you so much! Love the forum!

Default Re: Hancock and Moore or Stickley recliner?

I have never tried the Stickley, so I can't speak to that as a comparison. I will tell you though that Stickley sells Hancock and Moore in their retail stores, and a lot of it. I always find it interesting when a maker cannot improve upon another's designs so they simply sell their competitor's product.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thank you! I know it is subjective but is there a H&M recliner that seems to be known for its comfort? I’m looking for a fairly traditional looking chair that is used mostly by my husband. Have you found one style that seems to be a good fit for most folks? Sorry if my questions seem elementary. I appreciate your help.

How tall is he, how much does he weigh? Also what is your decorating style?
    Duane Collie

He is 5'10" and about 170. Decorating style is traditional. Uses the chair everyday -- for watching TV, eating, and of course .... napping. Thanks for your help. I was a little worried about the Greyson because the seat height is higher than most -- at 21.5".

Here is my current # 1 favorite. In fact, I am going to order once of these for myself once I finalize on a leather (likely to be Finery Linen, GR 5). I am also 5' 10" and this is THE most comfortable recliner I have sat in for the 2024 year model lineup. This is a little larger than the Greyson.

https://www.hancockandmoore.com/Prod...SKU=1080-PR-HR

What's great:The Articulating headrest makes the chair. You can recline back a bit, hit the button for the headrest, and now instead of looking at the ceiling you can see the TV. That power headrest is a game changer in comfort. The design of the chair lets it work in a variety of decorating schemes from Traditionally to Transitional. It has a smaller upper lumbar so you tuck into the chair,

What's not so great: The price. This is new and not featured on promotion so you are working out of the mainline leathers. The arms are not as "fat" as some others for styling purposes, so not as easy to balance a remote control on top of them.

The Greyson Model also has an Articulating Headrest version. If you decide to go with that model, you should strongly consider that one. https://www.hancockandmoore.com/Prod...SKU=1053-PR-HR

I don't think the seat height is really 21.5" on the Greyson. Someone didn't measure right - that's pretty commonplace..
    Duane Collie

Thank you! Great info. The Sami looks like a terrific option. I like the idea of the articulating headrest. Do you know what kind of lead times H&M has these days on their new models?

Most pieces are twelve weeks. I am seeing late November orders shipping now.

Ping me if you want a price once you select a leather.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-10-2024 at 10:46 AM.
    Duane Collie

I am looking at the Champion Bark. Do I need to contact you in another area of the website for a quote. Thanks for your help.

Champion is a GR 3 leather.

On that Sami with the power headrest $ 4,495 plus delivery/shipping to your location.

I also have this Hancock & Moore # 7150 Westwood Recliner (manual) in the store on Clearance. It is upgraded with Ultra Down Back and Spring Down Seat and is in Champion Bark. To order, this one would be $ 4,962. I have this one only at $ 3,327 in the store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	15989
    Duane Collie