In 2021, a storm devastated my apartment. Repairs were done. But I’ve been living a practically bare-bulb existence ever since, waiting for insurance to catch up. Well, they finally came through this week, and now I have the blessed project of decorating my place. Yay! Rather than go crazy, however, I decided to start with a single chair—and I haven’t decided between the Elsie chair and the September chair, but right now, those are my first and second-ranked choices. BUT HERE IS MY QUESTION TO YOU.

I’ve been reading for ages about different leathers on this site, and have learned SO much (thank you for your wisdom!). For me, it’s down to two: CAPRI TOBACCO and TIBURON JAVA. I know that Tiburon, as a pull up, will show cracks, pressure-points, etc, and have an “antiqued” look over time, which I love. But what does Capri look like over time? As a naked leather, I would imagine it will show some age? I plan to take excellent care of it, per your training! I’m just a little unclear what “old” Capri looks like.