Thread: What is happening at The Keeping Room Feb 28th 2024

Threaded View

Default What is happening at The Keeping Room Feb 28th 2024

Back from Vacation to a slew of emails and phone voice mails! Whew.....its 9 p.m first day back and I started at 7 am, so a long day but I am mostly caught up.

This Friday, March 1st I am going to the real estate closing and will sign my paperwork to sell my units that The Keeping Room has been located in since 1986. Saturday, March 2nd I am bringing in all the help I can muster and we will be moving EVERYTHING from the ground floor to upstairs. it will be a very disruptive and busy day. On Monday, March 4th the new owner completes closing and gets the keys to the units. He will promptly begin renovating the downstairs (main entrance) with the intent of making it a jewelry store. At that time, to enter The Keeping Room (for those of you who have been here in person) you will have to go to the opposite side of the building and climb a flight of stairs. All furniture will be located upstairs complete with accessories, art, lighting, etc. As part of the sale, we have the upstairs (only) until the end of March.

Due to the tremendous amount of work involved (more than I really want to do!) I am suspending parts and seat core replacement orders for the month of March.

I need to move all remaining floor stock and still have some very nice pieces available. Beginning tomorrow, Feb 29th, I will consider all offers on anything in inventory, and will sell below my dealer cost. It all has to go! Want the best price possible? Bring Cash/Check and your own truck to haul. Credit cards cost 3% to process, so keep that in mind when making an offer.

And yes, there is some pain in seeing my store wind down - I've been here since I was 31 years old.....and now I'm 69. While I never intended to spend my life doing this - it appears I have indeed done just that. It's been a heck of a good run though.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-28-2024 at 10:28 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.