Yesterday was perhaps the hardest delivery day in the history of The Keeping Room (37 years). We had so much furniture to deliver that we had to reload our larger delivery truck and go out twice. Plus it rained all day, which made the traffic difficult and required extra care to keep furniture from getting wet. My three guys on delivery came dragging in at 7 p.m. last night looking like drowned rats, they were exhausted. But they never complain, they just get the job done. We had nineteen pieces to deliver and the first stop of the day required the customer to hire a carpenter to remove an exterior basement door, plus the framing studs, so they could get a motion sectional in the basement (we had attempted this delivery a week prior and after two hours on site there was no other way to get this in the home). Try walking an 7-piece leather sectional with recliners around a soaked yard to a basement door in the rain to a too-small doorway and avoid getting any water on the leather. It's not easy. And that was just the first stop!

This is the best delivery crew I have ever had. They are all Hispanic and I find the best and most reliable workers. They never - ever show up hungover from a night partying, are never grumpy, and they don't complain. They are conscientious and while they may struggle a little bit with English here and there (I can't understand them at all when they get going in Spanish), they really care that the customer has a good experience. I'm really proud of them - Julio, Alen and Leo. Good men, they work hard.