Thread: Just Annoying.....

Default Just Annoying.....

This is what just makes me crazy....

I take a chair like this H&M Sybil Swivel in Carver Walnut leather and premium finish which is $ 6,137 to order from my store as shown and I mark it down to move due to retirement and price it at you see here - $ 3,724. That's a. huge markdown and a few people toyed with but no buyers. Last week I did a final mark down to $ 2,999 on it. That is so far below dealer cost it makes my lose my sense of humor, but I want to move everything out, even at a mild loss. (this chair actually did sell at that price on Saturday)

But what really irks me is some clown sends an email and says "I'll offer $ 1,000 for it". REALLY? If you have that level of disrespect for me and my store then guess what happens - you get your email toggled to go automatically to spam and I will never read any future emails from you. And backing into this person's emails I had several other requests for photos of items in prior communication I had sent them, which they never acted upon either. So they are wasting my time, which just annoys me to no end.

So for you ridiculous lowballers out there here's what I have to say to you. "I will set pieces like this out in my yard to watch the birds come to the feeder before I will sell you a $ 6,000 chair for $ 1,000. Or, I will donate it to the local fire department for their recreation room, or give to the homeless shelter. YOU will never get it for that"

Reasonable people get reasonable responses.

Rant off now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	16088
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Just Annoying.....

That is such a gorgeous chair! Out of my price range but just beautiful. You designed something special with the combination of leathers and finishes. I am glad someone got who can appreciate it. Just remember, dealing with people like that is almost behind you. 😊