Thread: Making an H&M List and Checking it Twice

Default Making an H&M List and Checking it Twice

Hello Duane,

We've made most of our choices so we're double checking our list.

Austin Couch 8134NB with plus 1 seat cushions and Q21 fill in the back cushions in Doc Chestnut $2239.

Two 1021 Wing Chairs in Doc Chestnut with the plus 1 seat cushion. The legs need to be 1 inch shorter. $1175 each plus an up charge for shortening the legs. Do you know what the up charge would be for the legs?

We also need a price on the 8139NB Ottoman in Doc Chestnut and in the Dexter Cocoa Grade 3 Fabric.

We want the standard nail trim on all the pieces.

We would like to buy some extra Doc Chestnut. I assume it's sold by the sq foot since it's a leather. Can I get a price on that also?

We like the antelope series of Class III leathers but the price difference may be too high compared to the Doc Chestnut. Let me know what the price difference is? The Doc Chestnut prices are hard to beat.

We sat on an Austin with the down wrap cushions and in a 1021 with the standard foam core. Is the standard foam core seat in the 1021 the same foam core as H&M would put in the Austin if we don't get the down wrapped cushions? The firmness of the 1021 is pretty good without increasing it to the plus 1, so we're still thinking about the plus 1. After we've sat on a plus 1 for awhile we expect it will soften up a bit and that might be just right for the long run. It's hard to know without having a plus 1 to sit on before ordering it. All of the dealers in our area have down in everything except the 1021.

Thanks Duane
    Last edited by JackOlso; 06-15-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Default Re: Making an H&M List and Checking it Twice

Quote Originally Posted by JackOlso View Post
    Hello Duane,

We've made most of our choices so we're double checking our list.

Austin Couch 8134NB with plus 1 seat cushions and Q21 fill in the back cushions in Doc Chestnut $2239.

Correct, but that price is only good until close of business Saturday, Jan 9th, then it will be $ 2,309 starting Monday, Jan 11th.

Two 1021 Wing Chairs in Doc Chestnut with the plus 1 seat cushion. The legs need to be 1 inch shorter. $1175 each plus an up charge for shortening the legs. Do you know what the up charge would be for the legs?

Correct @ $ 1,175 for the current price, will go to $ 1,217 on Jan 11th. I checked with H&M and the legs cannot be trimmed as there would not be clearance for the 'kickboard' which is the hidden footrest extension that unfolds when you push back to the reclining position.

We also need a price on the 8139NB Ottoman in Doc Chestnut and in the Dexter Cocoa Grade 3 Fabric.

# 8139 Ottoman in Doc Chestnut (this will not match the rest of the MC order exactly as its made from a different dye lot, may not vary much, but it will vary some). $ 938. "Dexter Cocoa" is a grade D material and the ottoman would be $ 623 in that material.

We want the standard nail trim on all the pieces.

We would like to buy some extra Doc Chestnut. I assume it's sold by the sq foot since it's a leather. Can I get a price on that also?

Yes, it is $ 12 per square foot.

We like the antelope series of Class III leathers but the price difference may be too high compared to the Doc Chestnut. Let me know what the price difference is? The Doc Chestnut prices are hard to beat.

$ 3,654 on the # 8134NB
    $ 1,939 on the # 1021
    $ 1.036 on the # 8139

We sat on an Austin with the down wrap cushions and in a 1021 with the standard foam core. Is the standard foam core seat in the 1021 the same foam core as H&M would put in the Austin if we don't get the down wrapped cushions? The firmness of the 1021 is pretty good without increasing it to the plus 1, so we're still thinking about the plus 1. After we've sat on a plus 1 for awhile we expect it will soften up a bit and that might be just right for the long run. It's hard to know without having a plus 1 to sit on before ordering it. All of the dealers in our area have down in everything except the 1021.

I like the standard cores myself, so that's my first preference. To the best of my knowledge the core density is the same across the line in the standard cushions, though the depth of the cores will change with various styles, and that makes a difference. Also, the spring deck. A sofa will have the 8-way hand-tied spring deck, whereas a recliner cannot because of the nature of it being a recliner. All things being equal, your 8-way deck is always more comfortable. I don't upgrade a lot of pieces in firmness for folks, maybe one on in ever 200 orders. Some that order it like it - others regret ordering it. BE CAREFUL when upgrading to firmer levels! If you make a mistake, a new seat core is $ 83 per cushion.

Thanks Duane

Jack
    I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, back in the store on Friday FYI
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.