Thread: Coffee Tables by John Buchanan

Default Coffee Tables by John Buchanan

I needed some coffee tables for the store and was tired of what everyone offered, so I called John up and sketched some pieces out and here they are - just arrived.

One is a simple-form Chippendale Coffee Table in solid tiger maple with fluted legs. Strong Like Bull, you could stand on this to change light bulbs all day long if so inclined. Clean lines, and classic. This will last for generations. $ 850.

The other is an English Butler's Tray Table. WOW....is this fun or what? John had some curly cherry left over from a project that never got off the ground. This is a very difficult wood to source and not readily available. Look at the fire and flame in the wood. Dovetailed corners make it strong and unique. $ 1,065 in various lumbers (consider the flame cherry shown as a one-off that may not be possible to re-order as shown).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JBcoffee1.jpg 
Views:	933 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JBCcof2_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	1546 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	781  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

riverwalk Guest

Default Re: Coffee Tables by John Buchanan

Do you still have any interesting coffee tables or benches that would look good with the Grainger sofa in Walker saddle leather? We were considering a bench, like the Thomasville bed bench, the Shenendoah bench, because it would make the sofa a "double-wide" for us to lie on to watch movies. Would that look ok or ? not? Do you have anything that you think would match or look good? We need under 30" for the room and prefer rectangle because the room is not wide. Thanks!

nhpinnacles Guest

If you do still have either of those coffee tables what are their dimentions?

Quote Originally Posted by riverwalk View Post
    Do you still have any interesting coffee tables or benches that would look good with the Grainger sofa in Walker saddle leather? We were considering a bench, like the Thomasville bed bench, the Shenendoah bench, because it would make the sofa a "double-wide" for us to lie on to watch movies. Would that look ok or ? not? Do you have anything that you think would match or look good? We need under 30" for the room and prefer rectangle because the room is not wide. Thanks!
    30" in length or depth? If in length, that's not much to work with....
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by nhpinnacles View Post
    If you do still have either of those coffee tables what are their dimentions?
    I still have them both.

Chippendale: 44" L x 22" D x 19" H

English: 29.5" L x 20.5" D x 21.25" H

We can easily make either of these to a size since they are all handmade, one at a time.
    Duane Collie

riverwalk Guest

30" depth or thereabouts would be good for a table or bench in front of the couch for us. Ideally we would like something about 55-60 inches long and around 30 wide and around 18-21 high. We're debating now whether we want wood or a tufted bench so we can use it to make the couch wider for both of us to lie around on to watch movies. These tables you're selling are really nice wood. Do they do any upholstery or do you have any tufted long narrow benches like the Thomasville Shenendoah or such? I think we may lean toward the upholstered style but we aren't decided yet.

I'd definitely go with a tufted leather ottoman, and then get a serving tray with handles that you can set atop if if you want to bring snacks or drinks in. You want a 2" to 3" drop from the seat height of your Grainger sofa for max comfort. If you get the ottoman too tall, its uncomfortable on your legs. I'd suggest the H&M Model # 079 or # 093 Ottoman. The drawers on the 079 are good for storing remotes for the TV.....
    Duane Collie

riverwalk Guest

OMy those are the most beautiful ottomans I have seen in all the looking. I have been in the store where I bought the sofa 4 times now to ask about ottomans and never did they even show me any H&M ottomans in a book or anywhere else. Amazing. I sure wish they were longer though so we could use it to make the couch a "double wide." I can't get over how nice they are and I am afraid to ask how much they cost. I will message you my email address if you can provide a quote with shipping, I will give my zip code and all for shipping cost if you don't mind. And color etc. I am so impressed with those.