Thread: H&M Sofa and Loveseat Suggestions

Cheeto Guest

Default H&M Sofa and Loveseat Suggestions

Duane, I only discovered your forum today. I started browsing here at 7 pm, and it's now 10:12 pm. I haven't even taken a potty break!

I sooo wish your store was here in the Bay Area (CA). I'm relieved to know we could still place an order through you. TBH, I'd feel so guilty going to another retailer after I've spent so much time reading your posts. So here goes....

We've been wanting leather furniture for a while now, but there's so much research to be done, we just haven't attempted it. My DH and I are tall: He's 6'2" and I'm 5'9". I don't think we've ever had what we consider to be really comfortable LR furniture. Now that we're in our 50s, it's about time, don't you think?!

I've been all over this site and the H&M site, looking at styles and finishes and colors. Honestly, I have a headache now. We need a stationary sofa and either a reclining loveseat or two chairs. The two models we like are Journey 1724 and Austin High Back 8138NB. I need your advice regarding colors, but as a reference point, we like the Weston Sunrise Burnished.

Aside from the comfort level, the color choice seems to be the most daunting. We have so much oak furniture, and we don't have a clue about what would look good. If the oak weren't a consideration, we'd prolly go with something along the lines of Document Honey or Imperial Whiskey Burnished.

Our family consists of ourselves, along with 2 very spoiled Tibetan spaniels and 2 indoor cats. The furkids are allowed on the furniture simply because they live here. On days when DH works at home, he sits in one of the reclining chairs with his laptop. Sometimes he'll take a sandwich or some pizza with him. IOW, his chair gets a LOT of wear.

I'm pm'ing you with some pics of our current look. Too much info is better than too little, right?

For shipping estimates, our zip is 94041. Do you collect CA sales tax?

Thank you, in advance, for your help. And thank you for such an incredible resource (this forum)!!

Default Re: H&M Sofa and Loveseat Suggestions

Hi Cheeto,

Welcome and I'm glad you find the forum captivating!

I did get your photos (post them here as attachments if you'd like to share) and in studying your room I'm going to make the following suggestions:

* Consider adding detail and color to your room. Its currently stark white on a oak hardwood floor and all your color is coming from the upholstery and small rug. A better look would be to add some punch by bringing in color to the walls, perhaps some window treatments over the blinds, and a much larger rug that is less dramatic than the blue. I'd be putting in some molding (chair, crown, case) if that were my home. Start with some software like this and play with the colors in the room, even considering a 2-tone for the walls/vaulted area. Earth tones, nothing too dramatic (reds/greens/browns).

http://www.swatchbox.com/bmpcvprodetail.asp

I think your room is prime to have a small sectional in it. The layout for that is nearly perfect instead of the sofa/loveseat combo you now have and the end table wedged in the corner. Eliminate the coffee table in favor of a leather cocktail ottoman as well. Because you walk into the back of your loveseat from the kitchen as it is now, that piece should be equally as beautiful from the back as it is the front. I think a Sundance sectional from H&M would be very nice in that room with all the design features this piece has from the backside:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1876

Use a # 1044 Sadler Recliner with it, and you'd have a very nice set.

If you want to stay with the Journey Sofa, then the Journey Recliner is perfect for your husband's height. On the Austin High Back Sofa, I'd math that with the 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt chair and ottoman

Before you can get colors for the furniture, you should map this out on a room planner software on line, and pick your models first. See if you want to explore adding color to the walls and with a rug as well. Last thing to select is upholstery color in a proper decorating layout.

Yes, I ship a LOT to California! About $ 500 for a sofa/two chairs/ottoman, but it really depends on items selected and total weight. No Sales Tax Collected outside VA.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.