Thread: Barnes sofa

seehere Guest

Default Barnes sofa

Hello all! Does anyone know of or have any info on a H&M sofa model name BARNES? There is one that looks interesting but I can't find any info on it. Thanks much!

Default Re: Barnes sofa

There used to be a Washington DC chain named CL BARNES that went under about four years ago and they did private label. Is this a new piece or one you found used for sale?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

seehere Guest

I found it on Craigslist. Here's the info:
    Barely Used Hancock & Moore "Barnes" Leather Sofa. Distressed Mahogany Feet. French Nail heads around base and arms. Very Comfortable. Measures approximately 4' x 8' 4". Originally Paid $3,800.00
    1999 purchased through a trade-only resource

This one?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/fuo/1547472763.html

I sure don't recognize that design, but it looks like a modified Austin sofa with a very funky arm on it. Usage does look very light on it. Its nothing that has been in the H&M line since I'm been a dealer - may be older.
    Duane Collie

seehere Guest

Is there a fix that is worthwhile on worn leather? Someone else is also selling a reclining Austin sofa & loveseat for $750 negotiable. They are going to send me close up pics of the leather later. But I guess my question is is the leather repairable (if needed) or can the pieces be recovered (in fabric or leather) Or can/does the leather reach a point when its time to just be thrown away?

You can ALWAYS fix anything on a leather piece, but its the law of diminishing returns. Yes, at some point the piece is generally 'used up' and its less expensive to replace with new. Generally speaking, if the hide is in need of replacement on the piece, its usually considered done.
    Duane Collie