Thread: Hancock & Moore Kingwood has arrived

Default Hancock & Moore Kingwood has arrived

Alpha Omega told me they were delivering my sofa today between 12noon and 4pm and would call 1 hour ahead. I waited all day and at 3:30 got a little nervous. At 3:35 I got a call that they were 20 min away. When they arrived I went out and shook the guys hand and intoduced myself. I then , very polite like said " I am sure you know your job and hate to bother you with this but I have some directions printed out on how to uncrate Hancock & Moore sofas the correct way and it is only 8 steps" I had all my tools ready including my newly purchased #2 bit just incase they did not have them.

He replied with a laugh and said its already unpacked and wrapped. I got a little bummed out and said OK then. He walked over to the other guy not realizing I was right behind him and they both had a great chuckle that I offered directions. They both turned to see me standing there and looked a little awkward. I then proceeded to stand back and let whatever happens next happen. They unloaded a wrapped sofa

When I got a look at that I was not happy and a bit worried. They then moved it close to the steps on the 2 wheeler and proceeded to cut the tape with a box cutter. Unwrapped the sofa and started carrying it up the stairs to the door. Then the lead guy made sure to talk with the other guy and get it in with as little touching walls,doors,frames as possible. They got it in with no problems.

I had $50 in one pocket and $100 in the other. I was ready to give them the $50 when they were laughing at me but once they had it indoors and I noticed the lead guy taking care my mind changed. I gave them both $50 cash as a tip. The sofa is everything I thought it would be. Here is a pic but not the final. Just a quick shot. We are waiting for our Jessica Charles chairs, Need to pick a new rug, and a table for the chairs. New lamps also needed. Will post better picks soon.

Default Re: Hancock&Moore Kingwood has arrived

Good write up! That's exactly what I appreciate the most.....delivery experiences and reports, whether good or bad. It lets me decide which companies to use, and which to avoid.

Wow, that sofa looks fantastic. Much better photo than on the H&M website. Shows off the curve line nicely and the back 'picture frame'. I think I like it better than the tufted model. Do you like the way it sits and feels?

Thanks for sharing! And thank you for the order as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane

You are welcome. I can honestly say that you are a great guy and a very honest dealer. I have told many friends and family about you so I am sure some of them will be calling you . We will keep you posted on the room as it goes. Let me know when you get a finish date on the chairs . The sofa sits great. Very supple soft to the touch and a comfortable medium firm sit. I am 6.3 and can lay on it and sit and there is plenty of room. One HEAVY sob though . My wife and I moved it a few inches and this thing is heavy.
    KNEE
    Last edited by KNEEBITER; 01-25-2010 at 12:52 PM.

artielange Guest

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot or some similar store and buy the furniture moving sliders. They come with both carpet and wood sliders in the same package. Just put one under each leg and you can easily position your furniture. I rearrange all the time by myself using these. We even moved the Christmas tree with them!

Beautiful sofa, by the way.

Odd I/O Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Kingwood has arrived

Beautiful sofa. What's the leather and wood on it?

The leather is Antelope Claret and the wood is dark cherry.

That's a handsome combo. Antelope is quickly becoming one of the most used leathers at least for pieces ordered from my store, and you can see why. Its low-sheen, elegant, and a protected leather. Its more expensive than most protected hides, and that's partially because it comes from a tannery in Germany (Euro to Dollar is not favorable) and due to the fact it doesn't look like a typical protected leather. Good choice!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.