Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Sofa and Campaign Ottoman

Default October Sofa and Campaign Ottoman

Just thought I would post a pic of my den that I did over a few years ago. Please excuse the dust. I found the H&M October sofa brand new on the floor of a dealer going out of business in 1 day. I offered $1500 and stuck to my guns. He accepted the next day a few hours before he locked the door for good. I also purchased a H&M Recliner for my father-inlaw for $500. The sofa is Cavalier Molasses Class 2 Protected. I ordered the Campaign Cocktail Ottoman in the same leather a few months later from another out of state dealer. The recliner in my room is a barcalounger that I purchased when I did not know about high end furniture. The lamp is an antique that someone brought into my electronics shop 20 years ago for a rewire and never picked it up so I ended up keeping it. Carpet is Stanton wool wall to wall.

nhpinnacles Guest

Default Re: October sofa and Campaign ottoman

great looking furniture love the purchase price.

Thanks, What part of NH are you in?

I love the styling on the October sofa. Can you tell me a bit about the "sit" and if it "tilts--for lack of a better term" towards the back. How comfy are the seat and back cushions? What other information would you like to share with me about your great find?

The back has a slight tilt. Very soft back cusions. I think they are down filled or at least they feel that way. It is extremely comfortable.

Thanks. Is the tilt uncomfortable if you were reading? How is the fit for your size? I'm about 5'4". Sadly, it is hard to find sofas to try out.

The tilt is corrected by the cushions, so when sitting you are not tilted too far back where it would be uncomfortable. Sitting up and reading is quite relaxing. I am 6ft3 but my wife is your size and it sits us both great. No complaints. Everyone that has been to my home from family and friends all ages and sizes have all told me that it is the most comfortable couch they have sat on. I am now waiting to get feedback on my new Kingwood sofa from them. A great sofa. I truly think you would be happy with it.

Thanks very much. I was thinking about the Austin sofa but with your info I think I've changed my mind. We have 2 HM chairs, 1 HM recliner, and an Austin tilt-back, all have a bustle. I think adding another bustle in a sofa might be overkill. Your information may help convince me to select the October instead.

If you like the bustle in the small of your back then you could always use some nice throw pillows and place that for the feeling. I am not big on the bustle look. What color are you thinking? Leather or fabric?

Default Re: October Sofa and Campaign Ottoman

Definitely leather, class III probably. It's not necessary that it be protected. We've got both and I like the less processed looking ones best. I like reds/wines. He's into browns. Know a good one that's brown with redish highlights?