Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing sofa legs

Default Changing sofa legs

I am thinking (still) about buying the October sofa. I prefer not to have the front legs with the wheels.

What is an appropriate substitute?

Is there an additional fee for changing these?

Where can I see alternate legs that are the same height and will compliment this style?

What has your experience been? Suggestions anyone?

Default Re: Changing sofa legs

I know that it can be done to this sofa. Just dont know how much. The rear legs are part of the frame but the fronts can be removed and changed. I am sure Duane will chime in soon.

We have to be careful when changing legs as we don't want to put a shorter leg on the front and pitch the seats forward.

Tested Options for the October Model Sofa:

Modify the existing leg and remove the casters, custom turn it to maintain the same overall height. Upcharge $ 220

Replace with the leg from the # 1355. Upcharge $ 188

Replace with the leg from the # 1297. Upcharge $ 110

All maintain the seat height properly.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bkbaer Guest

I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if you know where I can find information about replacing the sofa legs on my H&M Your Way sofa with taller legs. The current bun leg is 3" tall. I'd like to replace it with 4.5" tall legs. The coffee table that I have ordered is fairly tall (22"), and since my family is all tall, I think adding 1 1/2" would be perfect. I can see other legs online on their other sofa models, but I cannot tell how tall they are. I looked at ordering some legs online from another company, but it looks like H&M has their own method of attaching using two screws. Thank you!

I think the sofa model is important, as I believe some of the frames have the leg built into the frame so it is not a simple change. If you can post the model of the sofa maybe Duane would know if the legs can be changed.

You have to flip your sofa over and see if both front and rear legs can be removed. Are the bun feet on the back as well? It the back legs are integrated into the frame then you cannot do it. Photos help. If the legs are removable, then its simply a matter of finding the height and replacing them. There are probably some from H&M that height. Note the screws in the legs are # 2 Square Drive, NOT a Phillips screw. Many try to remove the screws with a # 2 Phillips with an electric drill/driver an strip out the heads, be sure to get the right bit.
    Duane Collie

bkbaer Guest

Danw99 - It's a Your Way sofa. Similar to this, although different arms and different leather... http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ.../Your-Way-Sofa

drcollie - Yes, front and back are bun feet. All four feet can be removed. Thank you for the tip about the screws. I did attempt to remove one of the legs with a phillips screwdriver and I was able to loosen it, but couldn't get any further. I tightened it back up and left it alone Also, although I know I was turning the right way because the leg became loose, it was making wood-creaking sounds and I didn't want to break anything!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	10096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0071 (1).jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	10097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	10098

Checking with H&M they will call me back if they have a 4.5" foot. Customer Service is not aware of one at this time.

# 2 Square Drive bit for the screws in the feet - don't use a Phillips.
    Duane Collie

bkbaer Guest

Thank you! I think 5" could possibly work too, but 4.5" would probably be best. I appreciate the information

The other option I was contemplating was adding to the existing bun leg. If I can find a 1 1/2" bun foot with a hanger bolt, I was wondering if it would screw into the existing hole that the black plastic hexagon shaped guide on the bottom of the wooden leg screws into. If I purchase an unfinished one, perhaps I can have it finished to match. Here's an example of what I was thinking of ... https://www.sofalegwarehouse.com/leg...-sofa-leg.html
    Last edited by bkbaer; 07-21-2017 at 05:56 PM.

bkbaer Guest

It's been awhile, but I am now ready to look into whether or not there is a reasonalble cost option to replace the sofa legs on my Your Way Sofas (I have two of them). In looking at photos, I'm wondering if the any of the legs on the Leslie, Hennesey or Langdon sofas will work. I'd be interested in finding out the dimensions of those legs and knowing if they can be attached to a Your Way sofa. Both front and back legs are currently bun feet and can be removed. Also, front and back feet are the same. Thank you.