Hi Duane, We have been following your posts regarding the differences between the Bradington and Young Cambridge recliner and the Hancock and Moore Grant leather recliner as they both "look" identical. We are trusting your detailed knowledge of these pieces and understand the HM sale runs thru tomm. 9/6/11 Based on all the information you have given below we are ready to place an order with you for 2. Please contact us to give the details of what you would need to start the process so we don't miss out on the 5% sale that ends tomm. Thank you!
Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
There's a big difference between H&M and B-Y, even though they may look the same, and granted, those two do look similar. I had a 7004 Grant come through the store a few months ago, and it was fantastic! The B-Y 3659 I haven't put hands on for about five years, so I can't recall from memory how it sits.

One of the differences in a chair like this is the tufting. No one tufts like H&M, they do the best in the industry. The buttons are sewn on at H&M, whereas at B-Y they are tagged on with a gun. I've never seen a sewn-on button pop off....can't say the same for tagged on ones. But you will pay more for the H&M. So you have to determine how price/features work for your budget. The B-Y will be less in price, but not have the workmanship of the H&M. I don't consider B-Y to be a competitor to H&M, they are two different products in the same manner that a Honda is not a competitor to a Mercedes. Does that mean the Honda is bad? Not at all. But it won't have fine details of a Benz. You know as you already own an H&M piece. I like B-Y for the money savings, but H&M makes a classier piece.

# 3659 Cambridge B-Y:

Grade 2 Bentley Place Leathers: $ 1,427
Grade 3 King Street: $ 1,511
Grade 4 London Park: $ 1,595

# 7004 Grant H&M (with 5% sale period factored in):

Grade 1: $ 1,889
Grade 2: $ 2,201
Grade 3: $ 2,367