Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

twinzmom Guest

Default Re: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

Hi Duane, We have been following your posts regarding the differences between the Bradington and Young Cambridge recliner and the Hancock and Moore Grant leather recliner as they both "look" identical. We are trusting your detailed knowledge of these pieces and understand the HM sale runs thru tomm. 9/6/11 Based on all the information you have given below we are ready to place an order with you for 2. Please contact us to give the details of what you would need to start the process so we don't miss out on the 5% sale that ends tomm. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    There's a big difference between H&M and B-Y, even though they may look the same, and granted, those two do look similar. I had a 7004 Grant come through the store a few months ago, and it was fantastic! The B-Y 3659 I haven't put hands on for about five years, so I can't recall from memory how it sits.

One of the differences in a chair like this is the tufting. No one tufts like H&M, they do the best in the industry. The buttons are sewn on at H&M, whereas at B-Y they are tagged on with a gun. I've never seen a sewn-on button pop off....can't say the same for tagged on ones. But you will pay more for the H&M. So you have to determine how price/features work for your budget. The B-Y will be less in price, but not have the workmanship of the H&M. I don't consider B-Y to be a competitor to H&M, they are two different products in the same manner that a Honda is not a competitor to a Mercedes. Does that mean the Honda is bad? Not at all. But it won't have fine details of a Benz. You know as you already own an H&M piece. I like B-Y for the money savings, but H&M makes a classier piece.

# 3659 Cambridge B-Y:

Grade 2 Bentley Place Leathers: $ 1,427
    Grade 3 King Street: $ 1,511
    Grade 4 London Park: $ 1,595

# 7004 Grant H&M (with 5% sale period factored in):

Grade 1: $ 1,889
    Grade 2: $ 2,201
    Grade 3: $ 2,367

Default Re: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

Those are old prices! Not applicable today....I did get your phone message and will call you in the morning. Thanks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

twinzmom Guest

I look forward to talking with you, Duane. Please call before 10:30 am your time as I will be leaving for the office and I know you said orders needed to be complete by 2:00pm eastern to receive the sale pricing. We are considering Tuscany Harness, Tuscany Saddle and Sedona Tobacco, probably leaning most towards Sedona Tobacco. Please feel free to let us know what your opinion is for the Grant recliner.

Thank you again, like everyone says on this thread, you are great, a wealth of information in what can be a very confusing market. I look forward to a wonderful experience and will definitely let family and friends know.