Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

rlm Guest

Default Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

Hi Duane and all viewers,

I am looking for a lounger (H&M) and really like the 7004 Grant. But I also looked at BY and noticed the 3659 Cambridge looks identical to the H&M. Am I incorrect in assuming this is the same chair? If it isn't, could you point out the differences?

Also, could you give me prices for the 7004 Grant, in grade I, II, and III? I hope to place and order very soon......as soon as I can make my choice between Aspen and Antelope.

I would also like to add that I have been reading these forums extensively, and can immediately see that you care about your customers, which is so rare today! I do own a H&M tufted Reed sofa which I would have placed the order through you had I known about your store at the time I made the purchase. And for anyone hesitant about this sofa, don't be.......it is sooooooo comfortable and soooooo gorgeous!

Thanks.

Default Re: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

There's a big difference between H&M and B-Y, even though they may look the same, and granted, those two do look similar. I had a 7004 Grant come through the store a few months ago, and it was fantastic! The B-Y 3659 I haven't put hands on for about five years, so I can't recall from memory how it sits.

One of the differences in a chair like this is the tufting. No one tufts like H&M, they do the best in the industry. The buttons are sewn on at H&M, whereas at B-Y they are tagged on with a gun. I've never seen a sewn-on button pop off....can't say the same for tagged on ones. But you will pay more for the H&M. So you have to determine how price/features work for your budget. The B-Y will be less in price, but not have the workmanship of the H&M. I don't consider B-Y to be a competitor to H&M, they are two different products in the same manner that a Honda is not a competitor to a Mercedes. Does that mean the Honda is bad? Not at all. But it won't have fine details of a Benz. You know as you already own an H&M piece. I like B-Y for the money savings, but H&M makes a classier piece.

# 3659 Cambridge B-Y:

Grade 2 Bentley Place Leathers: $ 1,427
    Grade 3 King Street: $ 1,511
    Grade 4 London Park: $ 1,595

# 7004 Grant H&M (with 5% sale period factored in):

Grade 1: $ 1,889
    Grade 2: $ 2,201
    Grade 3: $ 2,367
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rlm Guest

Default Re: Is the H&M 7004 Grant lounger the same chair as BY 3659 Cambridge Lounger?

Duane,

Wow...you are fast. Thank you for the speedy reply. I will choose quality over saving a few bucks anyday. Now I just need to choose the leather. I am leaning towards the Anetelope, based on reading the forum. This piece is mainly for my husband to sit in and read/relax. All I have to do is figure out a way to make sure he doesn't have any tools like a screwdriver in his back pocket when he uses the chair.

artielange Guest

Hey RLM,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will enjoy dealing with Duane. I have bought chairs, a sofa/loveseat, barstools, and two different benches from him. All are H-M and all are wonderful.

Can you please post a picture of your Reed tufted sofa and tell me what the leather is? I'm considering that sofa for another house.

thanks!

rlm Guest

Hey back, Artielange,

Even though I am super-technically challenged and have never posted a pic before, I'll give it a try sometime this weekend and I will include the details.

rlm

<laughing> I'm trying to finish up all my email and forum work before I bail out of here today....SNOWZILLA has arrived and is piling up outside....time to close the store and head home.

Antelope is quickly becoming one of the top-favorites. It's the highest end protected leather that doesn't LOOK like a protected leather. Class 3 price makes is tough on some budgets, but those that have bought it seem to be very pleased with the feel, look and performance. I've had zero negative feedback on Antelope ( German tannery, same one than makes Capri and Quintessence).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rlm Guest

Here are the pictures of the Reed Tufted sofa. It is Document-Chino, Old English Tudor wood and "R" nail heads. Even though I am very happy with this choice, I believe the next purchase will be a Class III leather.
    p.s. Last pic is of a dog trained to stay "OFF"!!
    p.s. Duane, up here in Minnesota we call them "Snownami's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0224.JPG 
Views:	646 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0225.JPG 
Views:	574 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0226.JPG 
Views:	528 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227.JPG 
Views:	547 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0231.JPG 
Views:	576 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	832  

rlm Guest

Here's one more pic close up of the Reed tufted sofa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228.JPG 
Views:	487 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	833  

artielange Guest

Thank you for posting the pictures of your Reed Sofa. Your photos show the amount of curve better than the picture on the H-M site. Do you feel that the back height is adequate?

Your Aussie is gorgeous!!

rlm Guest

Yes, the back height is quite adequate. The pics may be a little deceiving as I was taking them in the kitchen/eating area which is a higher level than the sofa.

And the Aussie - if I could only stop her from removing the floor register covers and stuffing her toys down the vents then I could tolerate an occasional tennis ball in the toilet when the lid doesn't get put down!! This breed is definetly the "clown" of the dog world.