Thread: H&M Delay?

Default H&M Delay?

For all of those here who have purchased H&M, how accurate was the delivery time quoted?

I ordered 2 pieces at the end of Nov and was told they'd have them completed mid to late Jan.

Now the date has been pushed to late Feb, which is unfortunate because I did plan a lot of my renovation timing (sub contractors, etc.) around the original date.

I may be able to switch shipping companies, but it will end up costing me more.

Just wondering if this is normal or maybe I just had bad luck?

I figured this may be helpful info in this section of the forum for anyone else who is considering a purchase and trying to time things appropriately.

Default Re: H&M Delay?

Hello

I placed an order for a H&M sofa and 2 Jessica Charles chairs on 11/2/09 and got a call Christmas eve from Duane that the sofa was ready to be shipped. Great Christmas gift The 2 chairs we are still waiting for. Duane told me when he called that night that they somehow misplaced the order for the chairs and that they would be delayed. Was told the beginning of Feb for them. My wife is getting itchy. Sure you will be thrilled once your order arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by johnstonamerica View Post
    For all of those here who have purchased H&M, how accurate was the delivery time quoted?

I ordered 2 pieces at the end of Nov and was told they'd have them completed mid to late Jan.

Now the date has been pushed to late Feb, which is unfortunate because I did plan a lot of my renovation timing (sub contractors, etc.) around the original date.

I may be able to switch shipping companies, but it will end up costing me more.

Just wondering if this is normal or maybe I just had bad luck?

I figured this may be helpful info in this section of the forum for anyone else who is considering a purchase and trying to time things appropriately.
    It was the Antelope Nugget being out of stock that delayed your order, but H&M tells me it shipped last Thursday, 02/04. Now if the delivery company can just get up I-95 through all this snow, it shouldn't be too much longer.

One of the things that we can't plan for very well is cover out-of-stocks. I can call H&M and a leather like Antelope Nugget may be in-stock when I make the phone call to find status on the cover. But a cover is not 'reserved' until the data punch ladies key it into order entry. It has happened more than once, that another dealer orders something in that same hide and gets his order keyed first - then the hides are gone until the next batch arrives. This is why I fax orders in the same day customers give them to me (usually within an hour), because I know we can lose the covers to another dealer order very easily. Once that series leather is depleted, then is usually 4 to 6 weeks before a new batch arrives, then 5 to 6 weeks production after that.

One of the things customers can do (that are working within a time constraint) is ask their dealer to check the hide RIGHT before they order and at the time of checking, ask the dealer if supply is tight, or ample. Then, do not wait to place your order because that supply status was at the moment of the call and not guaranteed. If the supply is tight, then check back again with the dealer in a week to see if your order got in on existing leather supply. If it didn't, then you might want to select another leather rather than wait.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KNEEBITER View Post
    Hello

I placed an order for a H&M sofa and 2 Jessica Charles chairs on 11/2/09 and got a call Christmas eve from Duane that the sofa was ready to be shipped. Great Christmas gift The 2 chairs we are still waiting for. Duane told me when he called that night that they somehow misplaced the order for the chairs and that they would be delayed. Was told the beginning of Feb for them. My wife is getting itchy. Sure you will be thrilled once your order arrives.
    Yes, H&M misplaced the order (forgot to key in the J.C. part of it). I caught that when reviewing the acknowledgments and noticed I had no conformation for your JC chairs. But the cover was also out of stock and this is an imported fabric. Looks like the cover landed late last week, so its an early March ship date.

Fabrics take longer to get back in stock than leather hides it seems. All these businesses have changed their model and now don't hold the stocks of raw material they used to. H&M (or JC) doesn't, the mill or leather vendor doesn't either....in this economy everyone is watching inventory dollars very carefully and the only solution to that is for their to be a full-scale recovery so suppliers have the dollars - and cash - to carry raw material product on the shelf.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Yes, H&M misplaced the order (forgot to key in the J.C. part of it). I caught that when reviewing the acknowledgments and noticed I had no conformation for your JC chairs. But the cover was also out of stock and this is an imported fabric. Looks like the cover landed late last week, so its an early March ship date.

Fabrics take longer to get back in stock than leather hides it seems. All these businesses have changed their model and now don't hold the stocks of raw material they used to. H&M (or JC) doesn't, the mill or leather vendor doesn't either....in this economy everyone is watching inventory dollars very carefully and the only solution to that is for their to be a full-scale recovery so suppliers have the dollars - and cash - to carry raw material product on the shelf.
    I have heard the fabric manufacturers won't ship out an order until they pretty much have a full truck to go out, where before they would ship an order as needed or have regular deliveries regardless of the truck being full.