Thread: Pictures of H/M furniture backs and sides requested

Default Pictures of H/M furniture backs and sides requested

Hi to All,
    I think most of us find the Hancock/Moore website very frustrating with its limited photos of their products. The H/M catalog (website or hard copy) only shows the fronts of the furniture. If "your" store does not have the actual piece you are interested in on their floor, it too goes directly to the H/M catalog. I'd like to see the furniture's back to check for any nail trim or embellishments on the rear of the piece as well as its side profile. (Not all furniture goes against a wall.)

Many of you appear to have recently acquired H/M furniture. Will you please provide pictures of your furniture to this website to facilitate our own selections/purchases? This would be very helpful to all forum members as well as Duane, Our Fearless Leader.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Default Re: Pictures of H/M furniture backs and sides requested

Great idea!

Nancy Guest

Yes, I second that great suggestion. Not only would it be great to see the look, but it helps with floor planning to see the angle of the back too.

organic_smallhome Guest

Also, why do you have to sign-in to see hi-res photos of the product? Plus, only dealers and designers--apparently--can sign in.

Another great help would be for H&M to incorporate that software that allows viewers to try out different leathers/fabrics on their products, with a hi-res option.

But I guess that H&M is old school. And that's probably a good thing.

Because other makers steal designs, and the better the photo, the easier it is to copy!

Big money to make the software that does the layout of materials on a frame. You won't see that happening for a long time.... the furniture industry as a whole is still in survival mode - trying to hang on. H&M for example, is still on a 4-day production work week (factory is closed on Fridays). Not enough work to run at capacity - so until that happens I'd not expect much in the way of sales innovation. Other makers are faring no better, either.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.