Thread: Girlie-Girl Sharing Space with Manly Man

pthomas Guest

Default Girlie-Girl Sharing Space with Manly Man

I am looking for a sofa, bench ottoman, and two sidechairs (one should be a recliner or tilt-back). I am in love with H&M's Robinson sofa and bench, and the Sumptuous chair. I need help choosing a recliner/tilt-back to go with them, and which covering for all pieces.
    Can you tell what covering the Robonson sofa is displayed in on the H&M website? Almost looks like suede, very light beige. I am a girlie-girl who likes H&M's rose floral fabric "Avarian Antique." It would be nice to mix the two (beige and floral). However, my 13-year old son likes to have the guys over to play video games and eat pizza. Do we need separate houses or is there a happy medium?
    My son will be tall soon, he's already 5'5". The recliner/tilt-back is for him. Room is 16'x15' with Navajo white walls and white moulding, dark beige carpet. Thanks, Patti

pthomas Guest

Default Re: Girlie-Girl Sharing Space with Manly Man

To clarify, I'm interested in the 4232 Robinson sofa, 079 Robinson tufted cocktail ottoman, and 4840 Sumptuous chair.
    Maybe I will get a recliner in protected leather and put it in the tv room, then put the pieces with more delicate coverings in the living room. It would be nice if they all looked good together, so when I downsize in house when he goes off to college in five years, I can use them in the same room (with a smaller house, I won't have a separate tv room). Also, maybe I could get all beige pieces with a floral rug so I have something feminine but it doesn't look too girlie. What do you think?

The # 4332 Robinson shown on the web site was photographed some time ago and that cover is no longer available, it was called "Caribou Mink".

If I were to recommend some recliner styles to go with the # 4232, and # 4840, I think I'd have them narrowed down to these three:

# 7082
    # 7036
    # 1045

In leather, they will be quite durable on the cover. The only thing that tends to tear up recliners is when teenage boys rough-house in them when they're extended. That's really hard on the mechanism. You can also consider a tilt back with ottoman, the teens like to sit on the ottoman to push it up to the TV to play video games. Not as many to choose from as Recliners, but you can look at the # 2047 and see what you think. Or even just go with stationary chairs and an ottoman.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

pthomas Guest

Thank you. The 7082 Sanders lounger is gorgeous. But what is a lounger? Does it recline?