Hi, my name is Randall. I found this forum while researching sofa brands online.

Back in november, my wife and I purchased a leather sofa made by Leather Italia USA/Campbell leather from a local dealer. We tried to research this brand online but could find nothing on it. The dealer we bought it from told us that it was good quality. Now the finish is wearing off the leather rapidly. The leather on the seats looks like it is shredding up. It is so thin compared to our chairs. It has tiny marks all over it. All of the friction areas around the seams it is wearing off, and the worst part is that a big area is wearing off where our heads touch the top back cushion.

I brought this to the attention of the dealer and he contacted the company. The company refuses to warrant the leather saying that it is "hair stuff" that is causing the finish to wear off. The local store has offered to replace it on their dime with either another one of the same or a Lane sofa.

We currently have 2 Lane leather chairs and my "hair stuff" (pomade) has not affected them at all in 2 years of use.

We don't want another leather italia piece because it is obviously poor quality so we are stuck ordering something from Lane.

I understand that Lane is not the best but at least their sofas and chairs are still assembled in the US. Since finding out about H&M and some of the other fine brands we would love to have one of those or at least a flexsteel but I'm afraid we are stuck with Lane at this point.

Have you ever seen this issue with leather and what should we do? Anyone have experience with Lane sofas?