Thread: Our experience at The Keeping Room

ckeefer Guest

Smile Our experience at The Keeping Room

So finally the weather cooperated and my husband and I were able to make the trip from NJ to VA to visit Duane's shop. It was a long, but exciting day. We had gone down 90% sure on what model sofa we wanted, but wanted to see what was on the floor at The Keeping Room. After sitting on some fabulous sofas we decided on our original choice of the Kodiak for our family/TV room. We fixed the one minor issue I had with the sofa by having +1 cushions put in the seats. We then decided to go with chairs (after about an hour Duane helped me convince my husband we really needed 2 other chairs not only one--Thanks Duane!!) instead of a second couch for versatility. We do not currently live in a permanent residence and know we will be moving in a few years as we cannot afford to stay here long term. For chairs we decided on the Austin High-Back Tilt-Back chair and ottoman (2 of them). My husband sat in the one in the show room and fell in love with it. Finally we decided on the Carrington ottoman.

Now the fun part, the leather choices...for the Kodiak we are getting Capri Birch and on the chairs Capri Claret. We had thought we were going to go with the Carpri Tobacco on the couch and Capri Birch on chairs, but we absolutely fell in love with the Capri Claret on a chair in the store! so to pull it all together we decided to have fun with the ottoman...we are going with a Claret Croc on the top, Capri Birch on the bottom, a Capri Birch button on the top (to pop in the middle of the Claret Croc) and P and Q nails on the middle and bottom of the ottoman (the chairs and couch will have S nails). We are really excited to see our furniture and are hoping it will be done in time to be delivered to our new rental (we move in May 1). We will post pictures when we get everything and let you all see.

Finally I want to say Duane was the most helpful salesperson we have ever had the pleasure of working with. It can be intimidating making such a large purchase, especially as young people just starting out with "grown up" purchases like really good quality furniture. We felt he was being completely honest and not just out to make a sale or get the most money he could out of us...truthfully he doesn't need to as he obviously has a great reputation in VA. Well thanks for reading and we will be around the boards for the next few weeks and will post pics as soon as we have them!

mcarey Guest

Default Re: Our experience at The Keeping Room

I want to chime in here on my complete satisfaction with the expert customer service provided by Duane at The Keeping Room. I recently placed an order for several H&M pieces and am awaiting the arrival of the cuttings for approval. In the meantime, we continue to use our 17 year old H&M Austin sofa and since the cushions were getting a little flat Duane took care of ordering us replacements, which arrived yesterday. At first, it looked like they were the wrong size and that there was no way that they would fit. Duane had warned me that they would take some effort to install and he was correct. After a good work out and a lot of wrestling I was able to insert the new cushions into the old leather covers. I must say that I now have a lot of respect for the work performed by the H&M "cushion installers"....or maybe there's a machine that handles that detail!? Anyway, the sofa is again unbelievably comfortable so that it can live out the next 20 years in our finished basement. Duane, thanks so much for taking care of ordering these replacement cushions for our old sofa!

I could go on with the accolades for Duane's tireless effort to provide the best customer service possible, i.e. quick response to questions, ordering up a sofa for us to try out, provision of leather, wood, nail samples, knowledge of the products he sells, etc.; however, I will close here by sharing just one more testament of our appreciation for service offered at the Keeping Room....Our local H&M furniture store where we purchased our first sofa (just 45 minutes away) has prices that are close to, or less then the prices at the Keeping Room, but we have chosen to do our business with Duane in The Keeping Room which is 3 1/2 hours away!

Default Re: Our experience at The Keeping Room

Thanks Marianne! Glad the cushion cores arrived....they DO look intimidating, don't they? As if someone sent them nearly twice as large as you would think they should be.

There is one young man at H&M that does all the cushion stuffing. He's very friendly and thrilled when I told Jimmy Moore I wanted to meet the guy that did the cushions (he's in a part of the plant no one visits). He has arms the size of tree trunks and does a seat core in about 9 seconds. Had I not seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it. The trick is he folds them in half before he places them in the cover, then unfolds them once they are in the case. And he's very strong!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.