Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ekornes Stressless

Default Ekornes Stressless

Haven't heard any discussion about the Ekornes Stressless chairs but I know they are sold in a pretty high end furniture store locally along with H&M, etc.

Someone I know is considering one and has asked for my .02 - Can anyone chime in?

artielange Guest

Default Re: Ekornes Stressless

I don't know a thing about them other than they are U G L Y ! That would stop any further consideration by me.

hehe..

Duane - do you carry these?

SemperFiMom Guest

I have had personal experience with the purchase of an Ekornes Stressless chair & ottoman. It was purchased as a birthday present for my precious, elderly father about 5 years ago, who had a back injury inflicted upon him during WWII. Dad was a bombadier fighter pilot during WWII, was shot down four times, captured by the Germans on the fourth time. The injury initially was caused by the fourth jump/landing in Austria, Vienna, and beatings he received by the locals. It was further aggravated by beatings he sustained during his 9 months in two different German prison camps. He suffered tremendously through his life with this back injury, never complained and had a very successful career as an engineer. My father is my hero.

My father swore by this chair. It was one of the few things that actually helped him, and I wish I had purchased one for him many years before I did. The chair lives on but unfortunately, my father and hero, passed away on November 1st of 2009.

By the way, I believe the chairs are handsome and stylish. My parents felt it was one of the nicest pieces of furniture that they owned throughout their lives. Highly recommended if they are still made as they were five (5) years ago. Hope this helps.

By the way, I am new to this forum but have been speaking with Duane about a H&M purchase. I am in no way affiliated with Ekornes. Just a very grateful daughter, who was so glad my father, my hero, was helped by this special birthday gift.

M

Thank you so much for that M - What a heartfelt response!

I'm really happy to hear that he loved it so much - The person who this new chair is intended for actually has some back and neck problems too and that is most certainly part of the equation.

I don't think they look too bad either... This is the kind of great response and review that really helps others out on this site - Thanks again for taking the time.

I'm very sorry for your loss and it sounds like your Dad was a true life American hero, not just for you, but for all of us.

Rob

ckeefer Guest

My husband and I sat in some and LOVED them..but they are so highly priced we couldn't not see spending the money on them. We liked that in the three person couch each seat back reclined, with no latch to pull, just your body weight. Therefore, each of the three people could lean back as much as they want, but it was still technically a couch (not a theater seating couch with three chairs and 4 armrests). The couch we saw was over $5000 and the sectional we saw was over $11000. I'm not sure about the type of materials, but they were definitely very comfortable. If you don't have a price limit, they could definitely be a person's choice of furniture.

I spent 2 hours or so in A ScanDesign outlet here in Canada trying out sofa and recliners.
    I found the sofas too low for my bad knees. The front of the sofas that I tried were 17" at the front of the seats (my knees didn't like it, and I'm not tall); the back of the seats sat lower than the fronts.
    The foam inside of the arm cushions were cheap feeling.
    But, having said all of that, I really did like the tilt features of the sofas.
    I found the recliners much better, but were looking for a seating for 6 (maybe 2 sofas) they came in at $11.2k for both.

thanks, thanks, thanks everyone!

anyone else own one?

I don't carry those and have no experience with the line, but if enough folks here were interested in purchasing pieces, I could probably get a dealership. I'd have to get about (6 to 10) pieces pre-ordered (commit to buy) before I could do it, however.

My father (he's still alive) flew B-17's in WW2, but the war ended right before he was to go into action. From there he flew in the Korean War and then to B-47's.....one of the stories he told me that I always get a kick out of:

He was 18 years old, Pilot in Command of the aircraft, his co-pilot the same age, crew of ten. They had a B-17 on a training flight and decided to see how well it would glide if you shut down all the engines. So they did, and after about half a minute determined it glided about as good a a rock. Then they went to start the engines again, but there was not an onboard starter on those old 17's, the first engine was always started from a ground cart. So they're dropping like a rock and have no power. Dad said he decided to put the aircraft in a dive and 'snap' the wing to windmill a prop to catch, and that worked - so he was able to restart and land safely. They told their flight instructor what occurred and he simply said to them "Boyz, don't use all your tickets up on this side of the ocean."
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

whoa! kind of like popping the clutch on a car?

geesh Duane, you were almost never here!

Someone was looking out for them that day.