Thread: New Member gone nuts

gbreda Guest

Default New Member gone nuts

Hi all. Sorry for the long start, but it's been a long search.

I have been looking for a sectional for almost a year now. It is a smaller room and 95x95 would be perfect, but 100x100 max would work as well.

Started with a $1500.00 budget but have found that segment to be "less than" in quality. The old sofa was a LaZ Boy that lasted about 8 years and probably should have been gone a few years ago. I will say it was extremely comfortable in its day.

I live in NH and have gone crazy looking for furniture in NH and Mass. Of course checked in the big chain stores and small stores alike. I did come across a Flexsteel Thornton that fits my room. We were able to buy a floor model for a good price but after taking delivery, I found it was not comfortable after being in it for a short period. It is not just me as my better half feels the same way. We were both very tired after a day of furniture shopping and probably made a poor decision due to this (we had looked at this piece several times before). It did feel comfortable to us that night. I have arranged for a return for store credit.

I now realize that we are looking into more the $2500 and up range to begin on something like this. I will go this route for a piece that is comfortable and will last as well. Not cheap, but need to spend hard earned $$ properly. I also research alot of what I buy and that is how I found this site.

We have found a furniture store in Barrington, NH that carries Harden and Hallagan upholstered furniture. They currently have a Hallagan piece that is very comfortable for around $3,000. No Harden sectionals on the floor to look or sit on (extremely important to us). Another store in Ossipee, NH has Smith Brothers. We liked this piece 2-3 months ago, but dismisssed it on pricing before learning otherwise. We have not yet returned to get a price on the piece and fabric that we would like.

The only other piece we found that we liked was back in January on an England piece on the low end of things at $1500 but found alot of problems online with their cusioning, thus that purchase did not happen.

I do not see much on Halligan on the internet, but they appear well constructed. I have seen some posts here on Smith Brothers here as well.

I found a post from another site that states :"Smith Brothers uses a unitized coil spring system in all sofas and loveseats,which is superior to any 8 way hand tied coil spring." Is this true? Smith Brothers website does not show much on actual information.

Any insight on Hallagan? Any suggestions on quality dealers in NH: Lakes Region to the Seacoast?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Exhausted and tired....................
    Last edited by gbreda; 03-14-2010 at 03:18 PM.