Maybe third time is a charm........

I have recently come across this forum and wish that I had months ago. I could have saved myself time and energy.

I began my journey with a 1500.00 budget for a sectional (fabric). I am now in the 3000.00 range. After 9-12 months, I am pretty much at square one again in the new price range. Unfortunately, I dont have the luxury of time any longer as the Flexsteel is being picked up and my old sofa was taken away. Ah well, live and learn.

I am going to CA Hoitt in Manchester NH tonight in order to check different manufactures. They seem to carry alot of the brands that I am seeing on this forum.

Here is my question in a nutshell, for a fabric sectional approx 95x95 (100 x 100 max) will I find a noticeable difference between 3000.00 to the 3500.00 range? I have a good line on a Hallagan at 2995.00 (Hubbington's Furniture in Barrington NH) and posssible some Smith Brothers approaching 3500.00? I'm looking for something that will last and be comfortable to sit or lay on after a long work day. The Halligan is very comfortable, but may be a bit large for the room.

This is vague, I know but am I making any sense? Boy has this been a learning experience.......

Thank You for any insight.