Thread: Need supportive coach/chair/loveseat

anniefogg Guest

Default Need supportive coach/chair/loveseat

Hi all-new here, so if it's been posted I couldn't find if on the search. Soooo..me and my husband both have lower back problems and we are both tall-the furniture we bought 3 years ago is JUNK it looked nice, felt nice and was not really inexpensive, but now after 3 years (started about 1 1/2 years) we sink into it, and our lower backs hurt after sitting on it to long (a movie length) What is the best, most reasonable yet supportive furniture???
    Thanks

Default Re: Need supportive coach/chair/loveseat

That's a REALLY broad question, and there are lots of suitable answers. You really should try to channel down your criteria a bit more (budget, style, covering - fabric or leather), usage, etc.

There's really not one single 'best' maker out there for all things, but there are a number of good makers within certain categories.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

anniefogg Guest

Default Re: Need supportive coach/chair/loveseat

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    That's a REALLY broad question, and there are lots of suitable answers. You really should try to channel down your criteria a bit more (budget, style, covering - fabric or leather), usage, etc.

There's really not one single 'best' maker out there for all things, but there are a number of good makers within certain categories.
    Okay, well our budget is really low lol! I don't even actually know what we could afford-as the set we have is not that old-BUT I figured if i did research now i would know what to keep my eyes open for.
    So-we have 3 children and a dog and cat. Our children are young so I am thinking fabric would be best (and less expensive than leather?) We live in a cape in Maine, and I have the place decorated with the antiques we own, pretty conservative/country-cottage/fold kwim?
    I want the sturdiest furniture for the money:O) High back for DH, and would like a recliner with it. We have a couch that has a recliner in both ends and though we both sit on them-it leaves a big space between the seat cushions so maybe the two in one isn't the best idea? or maybe it was just the maker?
    Did I help narrow it at all??