Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: So who is this DRCOLLIE guy?

Default Re: So who is this DRCOLLIE guy?

Duane,

Your posts are particularly close to home for me right now. My brother was diagnosed in early October with small cell carcinoma of the lung that spread to his bladder and one kidney. He passed away 12 weeks later on Dec. 20 th.
    This particular type of lung cancer has no cure. It effects about 15% of the lung cancer patients. In this particular case the treatment with very old chemo that was initially developed for testicular cancer (a drug I personally worked on some 40 years ago early in my career in pharmaceutical research and development) had no effect and most likely hastened the end.
    He knew there was only hope to extend his own pain for a few more months by taking the drugs, but decided he wanted to be there for his family a little longer if he could. He was courageous not for himself but for those he was leaving behind.
    The human spirit is something to behold. Good luck my friend, you have a new life, live each and every day to it's fullest.
    Most of all take time to smell the roses along your journey.

Larry

That's a rough time, Larry - so sorry to hear about your brother. It's a very hard thing to lose someone from a slowly wasting disease.

Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Hi Duane,

I'm finding your posts about business even more interesting and educational than those you have written about furniture. I'm a salesman at a plywood company in Connecticut and have big plans on either buying out my boss or starting my own company. We seem to share an appreciation for conservative business practices that so few seem to follow. I wish you good health and many happy years ahead!

Thought ya'll might like to see who is on the other end of the phone when you call. This photo of myself, my wife of 30 years, and our daughter taken last month at my brother-in-law's wedding in Canada. This is a pretty as I get...lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11108-10641259-140920SMG-0131.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	6582
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Surrounded by Beauty for sure! Thanks for sharing.

reeder Guest

Well Sir,
    Congradulations. Lovely Family
    My name is Frank and I am in the process of finding seating for my living room. While trapesing around the net trying to find info I fell through the looking glass and ended here. I'm happy to have found someone who has offered us his wealth of knowlegde and, the so hard to find, sincere approach of informing the conustomer.
    Thank You Fearless Leader and
    Godspeed