Thread: Simmons Upholstery living room set?

Hybrid View

bagl Guest

Default Simmons Upholstery living room set?

I found a sofa/loveseat set I really like, made by Simmons. I am unsure about the quality -- the price lets me know it is not top of the line, but I don't want to buy something that will fall apart. The set is call Simmons Upholstery Heritage and it is supposed to be made in NC by United Furniture. Does this company have a good reputation? Is it really made in NC? The cheapest price is online at greatfurnituredeals.com, but this company is in Utah, so that makes me nervous. Any input is appreciated!

Default Re: Simmons Upholstery living room set?

Simmons is what the general furniture community calls "mid-priced" furniture and what Dwayne will probably call "lower mid-price". It is the same general quality as many of the largest upholstered furniture manufacturers in the country (Bassett, Broyhill, Klaussner, Thomasville, LaZ-Boy) but it is definitely a giant step up from the very largest upholstered furniture manufacturer of all, Ashley.

Simmons has been known over the years more for its sleep sofas than for regular sofas. I don't know what price you are paying, but you will not be getting 8 way hand-tied coils. You will get a hardwood/plywood frame and probably will receive standard 1.8 density foam cushions which typically have a 3-5 year lifetime.

United, the manufacturer currently building the Simmons line. has large factories in both Mississippi and North Carolina. Your furniture could originate from either place.