Thread: Price increase on the way for Hancock and Moore effective 01-15-20

Default Price increase on the way for Hancock and Moore effective 01-15-20

Price increases coming from Hancock & Moore, the new price books will be sent to the dealers later this week (I don't have them yet and don't know the increase amount). Effective date will be January 15, 2020. Last day to order under the existing pricing will be Tuesday, January 14th. All quotes previously re-done will have to be re-figured as well on the 15th.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Price increase on the way for Hancock and Moore effective 01-15-20

There's a lot going on with pricing right now and things changing - so the cover you select affects the price greatly as well as the time you choose to purchase. This workup I just did for a customer today, thought I would post it here so you can also understand what's going on with H&M pricing over the next couple of weeks. Request was for a quote in Aspen series leather. I have removed the actual item so as not to violate the H&M request to not publicly post pricing per item.

* Hancock and Moore has a new price list coming out on Jan 15th 2020. Current prices are good until close of business Jan 14th.

* There is currently a 7% Federal Trade Tariff on all leathers from Chinese tanneries. Aspen is from China, so it carries that tariff.

* All tariffs are going away on Jan 15th 2020 on all price lists. Aspen will then no longer have the tariff but will be under the new price increase.

These are the Chinese leathers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	China (1).jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	12619

Current prices through 01/14/20, per each. Prices quoted cash/check discounted, add 3% for credit cards.

GR 1 $ 1,550
    GR 2 $ 1,620 (Aspen + 7% = $ 1,733)
    GR 3 $ 1,705

Prices as of January 15, 2020

GR 1 $ 1,597
    GR 2 $ 1,674 (Aspen)
    GR 3 $ 1,760

As you can see, using Aspen as a cover, you would want to wait until Jan 15th to order Any non-Chinese leather, it will cost less to order before the price increase.
    Duane Collie

Default Re: Price increase on the way for Hancock and Moore effective 01-15-20

Today is the last day to get an order in on Hancock and Moore before price increases take effect tomorrow.

However, the price increase comes with some good news, too. The Chinese tariffs are going away on everything, and that’s huge as that was 7% on many of the leathers in GR 1 and GR 2. So the net effect is prices will actually be LESS on any pieces in Town and Country promotion (that is not in an Italian burnished leather), and lead to much less pricing confusion.

These tariffs have not been eliminated by the Federal government, they still exist. Hancock and Moore has elected to suspend them as it caused so much pricing problems for everyone concerned, and I for one am very happy to see doing price quotes has now become much easier and simpler again.
    Duane Collie