Thread: Narrowing it down: Sloane, Lacross, Sundance

Riobamba Guest

Question Narrowing it down: Sloane, Lacross, Sundance

I showed DH the photos and info that I've learned about H&M in the last few days. We both agree that the Sloane is our top pick. But we have a few questions:
    1) Is it possible to customize the Sloane to make it a little longer? Ideally, we'd love inside width of 80". But even a few inches seem like could make a difference. If the answer to this is yes, my next question will involve what does that do to the pricing? If I need to correspond in a private msg, just advice, or you can just describe in percentages.

2) Can anyone describe the comfort level of the Sloane? It sure looks stylish, but how's the comfort?

3) Lacross 5342 is pictured with fabric cushions. Can that be made in all leather?

Sundance seems like a great sofa, especially in the longer length, since we do have the length available in our room. But it's depth is 7" more than the Sloane. We're afraid that sofa is just a little too large.

We haven't seriously narrowed down leather choices yet.

Any feedback with regards to our picks is appreciated! Thanks!

Riobamba Guest

Default Re: Narrowing it down: Sloane, Lacross, Sundance

I might also ask about getting these sofas into our house. We have a 36" x 96" doorway to get the sofa through. Is that going to be a problem?

As a last resort, the back door openings are 48" x 96", but that would require taking the sofa down a 5 foot side yard where there is currently some vegetation.

Default Re: Narrowing it down: Sloane, Lacross, Sundance

Yes, you can have the Sloane made larger, but its not inexpensive to do so. Everything from the frame to the templates for the pattern cuts to the size of the cushions and spring layout has to be re-configured. Without even checking with H&M, I would say expect a charge of $ 1,000 or so to make it longer.

Yes, anything you see on the H&M website (or Jessica Charles for that matter as well as Councill) can all be crossed over into all-leather, all-fabric, or split combos, and you can use both leather and fabric from all three companies on any piece.

As to door width, everything in the H&M line will fit through a 36" width door.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.