Thread: Our Furniture Arrived!

ckeefer Guest

Default Our Furniture Arrived!

Well I have returned to my apartment after meeting Sun Delivery with our Hancock and Moore purchase from Duane. The furniture looks amazing and the delivery was above and beyond my expectations.

I was given a 2 hour window on Thursday of Friday between 7 and 9pm. One of the delivery guys, Josh, called around 7pm to let me know they were in route and would arrive between 7:45 and 8pm. They pulled up around 7:50pm. I came out of our new townhouse and showed them the best place to park, the driver smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up. After parking Josh came out of the truck, introduced himself and asked to see the area the furniture would be. He assured me not to worry about a think, including the doorway, that was what they were there for. After a few minutes John, the driver, came in to go over the order form with me to make sure it included everything I expected. I offered them some cold drinks at that point and they were so grateful. Believe it or not, I don't think many people do this, which is unbelievable to me.

Over the next 20-30 minutes they moved in our cushions from our couch (they brought them in separate), two ottomans to match our Austin High Tilt Back chairs, our Kodiak couch and our Carrington Ottoman. They were gentle on the furniture as well as the wood floors. They babied the furniture as if it were there own, which I greatly appreciated. John removed the all tags from under the cushion and was sure to hand them to me directly, and asked if I wanted him to cut the swatches off of the ottoman and couch now, or leave them there until later when I might need them. John also made a recommendation from personal experience, to put rubber under the feet of my chairs and couch so they don't slide on the wood floors everytime someone sits in them (he said it used to drive his wife crazy that she's have to rearrange the furniture so it was in the right spot everytime someone got up).

They were very polite and friendly. An example, while standing in the living room, my mom and dad came in from the kitchen (they were there with me along with a friend to keep me company so I wasn't waiting alone at the new place), John immediately noticed, asked if this was "Mom and Dad" and shook their hands introducing himself. He also chit-chatted appropriately while doing his job. My mom asked him how long they were up this way and if we were their last delivery, his response was unbelievable....they came up Wednesday from NC, had 51 deliveries since they had been up here and although I was the last delivery today, they had a couple more tomorrow before heading home. It's amazing to me how hard these guys work and how much they get done in a day.

Another impressive thing was when I offered the check and asked if he needed it when they first got there he told me "don't worry we'll do that at the end...unless y'all are in a hurry." I assured him we weren't in a hurry I just wanted to be sure. It was refreshing to not have delivery people who seem to care more about getting the check than taking care of and moving the furniture.

I made sure I gave them a generous trip, and sent them on their way with some beverages (they wouldn't take more than 1 additional drink each). They seemed so surprised at the amount of the tip that I wonder if people ever tip them, or if they tip them very little. These men leave their families for days at a time to bring people like me products they buy, and treat them with the respect and care that an owner would...I think that deserves a little extra!

Well I have gone on and on enough...can you tell I am VERY excited at my new purchase and at the service by Sun Delivery! Duane...use Sun Delivery as much as you can, they went above and beyond! If my movers next week from PA are anything like John and Josh, my move is going to be less stressful than I thought!!!

By the way, I'll post pics of the new furniture as soon as we move in and settled...look for them the beginning of May!

Cara

Default Re: Our Furniture Arrived!

Thanks for the review, Cara. Send photos of the pieces when you can, especially of the ottoman we did custom for you.

I really appreciate the feedback on the Delivery Services. I typically use either Sun, West Express, or Home Delivery Service. I need to hear what went right and what went wrong with each company and delivery so I can advise customers of the service levels. Sun is the most expensive service, but seems to have the highest overall satisfaction rating among my customers. Home Delivery is the least expensive and slowest, and doesn't have the best customer service. Like in most things, you generally get what you pay for. I always like to give everyone choices when they order and some customers are willing to pay for premium service, others not so much as long as it gets there.

Thanks for the order, Kara! Most appreciated.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckeefer Guest

Just so you know, not only was I impressed, but my parents were HIGHLY impressed with the driver and his partner. They have had a lot of experience with delivery people for different products and they appreciated how professional, polite and friendly these men were.

I will absolutely post pics within a week or so, the room looks fabulous...but I want to wait until all the boxes are out of it to take the pics.

Thank you again for such a fantastic buying experience!

Cara

I made a decision today to go with Sun Delivery as my primary carrier, even though they are not the least expensive. I am no longer going to use Home Delivery Service because of their lack of timeliness in delivering orders. Their rates are very good, but if you can't get it delivered, what good does saving $ 40 or $ 50 do? I will continue to use West Express for orders west of Texas, as they do a good job in the California service lane, and give customers the choice of using them or Sun in that area.

Sun has shown to repeatedly have the best customer service, the best transit times, the most responsive to inquires, and the least damage. Worth the extra money in my opinion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Transit_Time_Map.gif 
Views:	354 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	918  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckeefer Guest

Good to hear!

organic_smallhome Guest

Would love to see photos.

ckeefer Guest

Hey Organic! As soon as we get the unpacked boxes out of the living room I will post pics of the room and close up shots, especially of the ottoman!