Thread: New toy has arrived

Default New toy has arrived

Well I purchased my first Ford. Always a GM guy and so was dad. But wanted a convertible and for some reason always liked these. 1965 or as the Mustang die hards call it a 1964 1/2. The pic is of my actual car but is 15 years old. Car is a solid rust free car but needs paint. The old lacquer is all checked/cracked. Need to do a bit of small stuff then drive it for some time to make sure it is for me. While doing so I will price around on a complete strip and repaint.

Default Re: New toy has arrived

Sahhhweeeet! A hardtop model of that was my first car. I see you got the 289 engine (mine was the 6 cyl) but my '64 was the same color and had the exact same hubcaps/wheels as yours, Mike. Nice thing about that car is there is strong aftermarket support and parts are easily available, and not real expensive. So you can fix it up as you see fit. A good paint job won't be cheap, but like most things you get what you pay for....Enjoy!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckeefer Guest

That is my DREAM car!!! I almost got one when I was 17 but dad wouldn't let me because it was a manual and no one in the house knew how to drive one; He said if i couldn't learn no one would've been able to drive the car. I wish I could afford one now...someday! She's a beauty!

I had a 289 ci. '66 in the early '70s British green, it was a rust bucket (an Ontario car) it had the centre console. I had redone the heads and put floor pans into it and added some fender flares and new exhaust system. I'm not sure whatever kept it together, but I pored money into it.
    Finally gave it up to balance the books for money that I owed then a few years later.
    The 289 ci. was a nice engine, but I do like the 302, and the 351 was pretty sweet.

Thanks guys, Sorry to let you down but it has a 260 v8. Wish it had the 289 but not that big of a deal because At this point in life I am done hot rodding so it will stay stock and just cruise. It is an auto with console. Will get pics up of this and my new chairs soon I hope.

Great looking car. I also had a couple. I had a 66 fastback maroon in color black interior, 289 4 barrel and a four speed...sweet car! Later on bought a new first year 1969 Mach 1
    351 automatic. Wish they were still in the garage.
    Have fun!