Thread: Deep sofa and chair like RH

msb2ncsu Guest

Question Deep sofa and chair like RH

We've been shopping for leather furniture for a bit and haven't had much luck. One we really like is the Maxwell from RH. Its transitional/modern so we like the clean lines, but the big thing for us is the depth. At 90x46x35 (with an interior seat depth of about 30") its actually comfortable for my large body (6'5" 250).

Everything I find seems to be between 20" and 22" (even when ignoring the style of furniture). There are the knock-off internet retailers (Bari, HomeLoft, ClubFurniture, etc) that have mocked this exact model but I just don't trust them or the quality of their product (YGWYPF). I hate paying for just the brand/storefront, like RH, so I was hoping to get some direction for similarly deep furniture that is actually good quality. I'm in NC so I know there has to be some showrooms/stores that are capable of offering this but we've struck out. I've look through H&M and Classic Leather and haven't found anything (or simply just missed it as my eyes started to gloss over), plus we've done the exhausting FLS trek with no luck.

Any ideas?

kls_spencer Guest

Default Re: Deep sofa and chair like RH

I am interested to see what info you get on this as well - I am in love with the depth of some of the RH sofas. They seem a little low to me, but the depth is great - for me (I am really short) it's almost like a chaise. LOVE them. I personally love the Kensington ( I think that is the name ) but it is a little over-tufted for my taste. Duane always has great suggestions.

crouch Guest

I looked for a similar deep sofa recently and never had much luck. I was looking for an "in-between" size - deeper than most sofas in the 22 or so inch interior depth range but not so deep as to require a kidney pillow to sit normally. I determined that 25 or 26 inches of interior depth would have been preferable but never found that ideal mix of depth, quality, the look I wanted, and price.

Ultimately I picked the September sofa from Hancock & Moore but it's a little skimpier on depth than I wanted (I think 23.5 inches interior depth). I almost went with the H&M Highlands 5010 (24 inch depth) but the style and price of the September made more sense for me. The H&M Settlement sofa was very deep (29 inches, maybe too deep) and nice but too expensive for my budget.

I saw a few deep Stickley sofas in my travels but they didn't have the more traditional look I was after. The Restoration sofas caught my eye too but the price vs. quality considerations kept me away from them.

If you ever find something, please post the info as I'm curious what I may have missed.

Riddle Guest

The depth in inches isn't the only factor that affects how deep the seat feels. I recently sat on a sofa that had a depth of 22 inches, which should have been on the deep side for me (I'm short) but manageable. Well, the back on that puppy angled back in a way that made it feel like I was propped up in a bed! That type of construction might work to your advantage.