Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick a new forum skin.....

Default Pick a new forum skin.....

I'm not liking the new forum 'skin' that we are now using very much, and we can't use the old green and tan, because it won't work with this new version of v.bulletin.

Do a Google Search for "v.bulletin 4.0 skins" and see what you can find that you like, it can be a free one or a pay one, they're not real expensive. I'm open to suggestions....so here's where you can have some input.

Post a link the the skin or theme that you like, here in this thread!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Pick a new forum skin.....

I'm having a hard time finding sources for this, but I do like the "Clean Green":

http://vb4style.com/?=styleid=28

ckeefer Guest

I don't know how to do links so I will post the address you will have to copy and paste

http://vb4style.com/

I like the Carbon Fiber...the white background is a little too bright to look at for a long time!

OK, so here's the new skin....quite a different look, isn't it? Clean and crisp....hope everyone likes it.

You can default to the OLD style if you like it better. Simply scroll down to the bottom left of the forum when the color changes to Gray-Blue, and on the left side click on the arrow box where you see "Cielo". Then select vB4 and you will view it in the default v;bulletin format.
    Duane Collie

organic_smallhome Guest

Did something else happen with the forum layout? Whatever it is, I don't think it's very compatible with macs. Some things show up on my monitor and other things don't. Also, in the old format, you could see at a glance all the different categories and the latest post. In this new format, you can't really see everything at once.

I run an intel based i-mac at home (typing this on it) and for me it works on all three browsers I use, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. No issues that I can see. It will take some time to get used to the format, and if you don't like it, simply switch to the default mode and you can see it the 'old' way (see prior post for how to do that).
    Duane Collie

Duane...
    I am using an i-Mac also and it seems OK with Firefox. I can not change format however. The "Cielo" box does not offer any other choices (ie. vB4) as your instructions indicate. Maybe only the Adm. has the authority to change format.

Larry

Looks like there may be a bug in the Cielo skin. If you click on any topic, THEN go down to the box for format, you can change it. If you try to change it from the home screen, then it doesn't work. Something to do with the footer....

I think most people prefer the 'old' look, so for now I'll revert that to the default format, and continue to tweak the Cielo skin and see if I can get that de-bugged (hopefully with Aaron's help!)
    Duane Collie

The current skin isn't bad but it just remind me too much of those "fake" sites. The ones that are setup to look like a real site for a company or something but really are just links to spam sites.

Thats because its the default skin for V.Bulletin. The old skin was called 'Greenstar' by http://www.minerskinz.com

He currently doesn't have a skin for V.4.0 which is what we are now running. I'm hesitant to install another one, as the last one didn't work too well and that was $ 100 down the drain....V.Bulletin 4.0 is considerably more complex than prior versions and looks like the early skins are a bit buggy.
    Duane Collie