I've been looking for a sofa on and off for several years. I like the style and size of my old one (USA Pennsylvania House) and thought about getting it recovered but finding a good reupholster and picking fabric led me to fade on the idea.
So then I looked for a couch but most seemed too big or I didn't like the feel of the cushions and I would again just sort of give up, 6 months later think about it again rather unenthusiastically. Honestly I just don't like shopping and big money decisions. Since I know that I won't want to do it again I tend to get paralyzed by making the absolutel right decision in terms of fabric etc.
Meanwhile my cushions are getting flatter and flatter
I am older, overweight and my knees are getting crunchy. I found a place online that sells sofa legs that are taller than normal - so I think hey I can get taller legs and go back to the reupholster idea. My couch has a skirt so that would allow me to hide the taller legs.
So I checked my couch legs and they don't seem to come off.
I thought all couch legs came off?
So now I'm wondering about how to put the taller couch legs together with a new couch. Will a reupholster make a sort of underskirt flap to an existing skirt? Is this a stupid idea? Will I be able to find a moderately priced couch with removable legs? I was thinking Smith Brothers of Berne, Flexsteel, Clayton Marcus, along those lines.