Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the Quality of ACME Mattresses

Default Re: What's the Quality of ACME Mattresses

Well of course they rated it high, they sell it - and its their best line!

What they don't tell you is that Royal Pedic builds a high and low line (I don't agree with this marketing philosophy and think it confuses buyers terribly). Internet dealers can only have the Low-Build line in the Organic Series, where brick and mortar stores can have both the Low Build and the High Build lines to sell. They do take several components out of the High Build line to make it a Low Build. So if you price shop Royal Pedic, you have to go slowly and carefully and make sure you know you're comparing apples to apples. You may think a brick and mortar store is way high on the price, when they're showing you a different product.

Allergy Buyers Club can only sell the low build, not the "Logo" line.

LensRoto Guest

Hey, since I am the one who started this thread, I'd thought I would follow up and post that we bought Tempur-pedic's new "cloud" mattress. Sorry that it was not a Royal Pedic as you so highly recommended.

We have been sleeping on it for a couple of months now and we are happy with it. Sure, it sleeps hot, but we are in Michigan. This is the first winter that we have not been using flannel sheets!

Time will tell if it was a good investment. I am concerned about how well it will hold up. If we are disappointed, I will remember Royal Pedic!

Let us know about mid-August how you like it!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

4. 02-18-2011

LensRoto Guest

Hello, remember me? Today we sold the Tempur-pedic king size mattress and foundation on craigslist for $500. And I am RELIEVED.

Yup, we hated it. I can hear you now, Duane. "Told you so."

Egads, back to shopping again. Maybe I should just resign myself to sleeping in my recliner ...

I won't laugh....just maybe chuckle a little to myself. Those in the industry talk about Tempru-Pedic all the time when bedding comes up and the consensus is pretty much that those customers that buy it either really love it , or really hate it. There's no middle ground on them. They sleep hot as they conform to your body and if you're a chilly-willy all year 'round then you might really like it. But myself - and for a lot of folks - I'm always hot at night and the one time I tried a night on a Tempru-Pedic I was sleeping in a small puddle of sweat. UGH.

Royal Pedic is a pretty good bed. It's not inexpensive coming in around $ 4K (queen) to $ 6K (King) for the premium all cotton base model , and I have (4) of the All-Cotton's in my house, even the guest room. We like them a lot at our house. About the only other bed I'd probably consider buying for myself would be Vispring out of England - they're supposed to be wonderful and made superbly, but they are $ 10,000 and up for a matt and box - which even gives me a bit of a pause.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.