Thread: Photos of New Sofa

Threaded View

D53 Guest

Default Photos of New Sofa

Here are some photos of our new Leathercraft 907-00 REC3 triple-recliner powered sofa. Actually, the sofa is an incliner, not a recliner. Due to the high height of our lcd tv over the fireplace, we had to have a reclining/inclining sofa for tv viewing (as opposed to a traditional sofa).

Overall, its a nice looking sofa. I haven't decided what I think of it in terms of comfort/sit. It takes some getting used to.

Here's what it looks like from the back. This is what we see from our foyer. Eventually we will put something in front of it to conceal the back. Possibly a coffee table? We haven't had time to deal with the cords coming from it. The leather is nice! Definitely looks better than in the photo of it on the Leathercraft website http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...eclining_sofa/.

Duane steered us away from a recliner, showing us a photo of one where the split backs were clearly visible. The incliner's solid back definitely looks better than the split back of a recliner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2183.jpg 
Views:	1432 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	1171

I wasn't expecting this view when we purchased it. Notice how you can see down the back of the reclining sofa? When standing closer to the sofa, you can see the floor in the gaps between the back of the frame and the recliner mechanism/back cushion. Somehow, I thought the back side would be solid, like a regular sofa. That is, the back cushions would be, or at least look like, they were solidly attached to the back of the frame. Looking at how it is constructed, I realize that the back cushions can't be solidly attached to the back frame (how would it recline?). I still wonder if the designers could have done more to camoflage/minimize the gap between the back frame and the back cushions to make it look more like a regular sofa. If the back of the sofa was up against a wall, it wouldn't be as visible but this is what I see every time I walk into our living room.

Name:	DSCN2184.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	1172

Front view of sofa. Notice how the middle seat cushion is a little cockeyed? Hopefully, this will even-out over time. Also, the bottom of the seat cushions are somewhat raised, not forming a flat bottom. Although not apparent in the photo, one can see a little of the internal mechanisms of the recliner by looking at the gap between the bottom of the seat cushion and the frame.

Name:	DSCN2198.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	1169

This photo highlights the middle section.

Name:	DSCN2199.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	1170

Another photo of the sofa. Notice the large, wired remote controller on the middle seat cushion? This is used to recline the middle section. Sure wish it had been a wireless remote. That way I could have configured my universal remote controller to recline the middle section and not have this wired thingie which is somewhat in the way.

Name:	DSCN2194.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	1168
    Last edited by D53; 05-26-2010 at 09:38 AM.