Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hancock And Moore Leathers Spring 2010

Default New Hancock And Moore Leathers Spring 2010

H&M really has some exciting new leathers to roll out this summer. These are photo of all the new leathers from the Spring Market. I took them outside to photograph on the sidewalk, so they are going to appear BRIGHTER than you would normally see them.

H&M Upholstery pieces can be ordered now, but there are NO swatches available at any dealer or to mail out. It will be appx 6 more weeks (mid - July) before these hides roll into H&M. Dealers will get their swatches then as well, plus the ones from the October 2009 market.

So this is all you get for now! But there truly are some hides in these new ones that will quickly become favorites - I see several I'll be recommending and ordering for stock. Some will most likely appear on the new July 1st Town and Country program as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New2.jpg 
Views:	1087 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	1176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new4.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	1177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New1.jpg 
Views:	1271 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	1178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new5.jpg 
Views:	1012 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	1179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new3.jpg 
Views:	1022 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	1180  

Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: New Hancock And Moore Leathers Spring 2010

Second batch of new leathers

Name:	New7.jpg 
Views:	878 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New10b.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	1182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New6.jpg 
Views:	843 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	1183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New8.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	1184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New9.jpg 
Views:	832 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	1185  

Duane Collie

Last set of new leathers

Name:	New11.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	1186  
    Duane Collie

Odd I/O Guest

Some very interesting leathers in there Duane!

A few things caught my eye.

The Atticus series is listed as pure aniline while the Lucas series is listed only as aniline, is there a difference? Does these two leathers now join Kipling (your favourite grade two leather I believe) as the only aniline grade 2 leathers? If so, how do they compare with Kipling? Oops, just noticed that the Upton Brandy is listed as a grade two aniline hide as well.

I can't take my eyes off Gunner Steel, so shiny. I'm trying to imagine and entire sofa done up with this leather. It'd look pretty futuristic in a retro kind of way.

Are the Tangier Cognac Burnished and Tangier Sage Burnished really grade 3? I had thought all patterned leathers were grade 5. Is there a reason they're grade three and not five? Lesser quality? At a grade 3 price it should allow people to affordably add an accent to a larger piece than an ottoman.

And finally, the Echo series is listed as a grade 5 but aside from Driftwood Taupe they don't look like anything special. Is it an exotic leather like Deer?

I'm curious to know which ones are your favourites and/or believe will be very popular. And will there be more new leathers coming out this year that's not in the sample you posted above?

The reason some say "Pure Aniline" and the others "Aniline" was because my wife wanted me to leave the store at 5:30 today and it was 5:45 and I was still trying to place the type on the pictures in Photoshop. <G>

Some of these new hides are going to bump my old favorites. They're that good. Atticus, Lucas, Ryan and Yardley are all beautiful, impressive leathers. I have not seen this many new leathers as good as this group come into the line since I've been a dealer. Easily the equal of Kipling in the GR 2 classes.

Gunner Steel is wild. Doubt anyone will do a whole piece in that, mostly that will be used as an accent leathers for panels, pillows, ottoman borders, etc.

Burnished leathers are always GR3, they are simply GR2 hides that are glazed or hand-antiqued at H&M. Embossed leathers are considerably more complex and usually GR 5 price class.

Echo is one you have to hold in your hand to appreciate. A very thick hide, stiff - and they get the gloss by pressing oils into the leather rather than spraying it on like a topcoat. A cool leather, but GR5 price means it will see limited usage.

Two I'm very impressed by are the low sheen Caribou Brown, very rich and soft, and the Domiaine because for a GR1, it looks really good.

Leathers are rolled out at the Markets, which are April and October each year. If any more new ones come in for 2010 (there are always some), they won't show up until the October market.
    Duane Collie

nhpinnacles Guest

I like the look of the new Caribou Brown how would you rate it compared to Capri Butternut ?

Caribou Brown is going to have less protection on it (its a very pure feeling hide), but not by much. Won't have the 'special effects' of the Capri (shading) that I can see from the samples, and is more matte in finish. Its very soft, very plush. And a grade less expensive. Thats going to be a winner for those that want an elegant aniline, for sure.
    Duane Collie

Duane... any interesting stories about how various leathers (or frames) are named?

I have no idea how they pick names...not a clue. I know that leather vendors tend to use only numbers on their product, and shop them to various upholstery companies. When they buy the leather, they give it an in-house name or number (the names are much easier to remember - I have all of H&M's leathers memorized, but not the Bradington Young because they use 9xxx-xx for their leathers, alll numeric.). I will see the same leather than H&M calls one thing pop up in the Leathercraft handle being called something totally different....
    Duane Collie

nhpinnacles Guest

By less special effects do you mean it would be more of a single tone in color such as the Montana and Bari leathers?