Thread: Suggestions on leather sleeper sofas - closest match to RH's Brompton Cocoa?

Jen Fred Guest

Default Suggestions on leather sleeper sofas - closest match to RH's Brompton Cocoa?

Hi all,

My husband & I have been searching for what seems like an eternity for a good quality comfortable leather sleeper sofa. The in-laws will be occasionally sleeping on it, so I want to make sure they get a good night's sleep!

We fell in love with one at Restoration Hardware (although they didn't have any sleepers on display so we don't know how comfortable they are) in Brompton Cocoa leather, but their sofas are too deep for our room.

We just found the Casco Bay Furniture site and am wondering if their Brompton Cocoa is the same or very similar to Restoration Hardware? The smaller models we have looked at in their 8 Way Hand-Tied Leather Collection don't seem to have Brompton Cocoa as an option... any suggestions?

Would you recommend Casco Bay or another company that can deliver to Canada?

Has anyone tried out a Casco Bay sleeper mattress - are they comfortable?

Yes, lots of questions... we're basically just trying to find a good quality comfortable smaller (less depth) version of Restoration Hardware's "Maxwell" sleeper sofa in Brompton Cocoa.

link to RH's model:
    http://www.restorationhardware.com/r...MaxwellLeather

thanks!!

Jen

Default Re: suggestions on leather sleeper sofas - closest match to RH's Brompton Cocoa?

Sleep sofas by design will never be as comfortable as stationary pieces because they give up the 8-way hand-tied base in the deck. Its just cushions setting atop the bed mechanism. For that reason, give careful consideration to how often you actually will use a sleep sofa. They are a true compromise piece, a not-so-hot bed and a not-so-hot sofa. I would not want a sleep sofa for my primary 'family room' for that reason. If you do decide to go forward with a sleeper, get an 'Air Dream' mattress upgrade if you want the bed portion to be more comfortable.

Sorry, I can't address specific questions to Casco Bay, etc....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.