Thread: Hancock and Moore sofa

bdahl Guest

Default Hancock and Moore sofa

I've been reading this forum for 3 weeks now, as I've been researching my new furniture purchase. I've learned a tremendous amount and really appreciate the education!!! I started out planning on getting a Flexsteel in fabric, but think that I'd like to go with a Hancock and Moore in leather. Are you familar with the H&M City Sofa? Do you think it would do well in leather? This would be the 9844 model from H&M. I sat in one that was in fabric and I liked the way it fit me... I also sat in the Kodiak in leather and liked it. They were in 2 different stores so I couldn't try them back to back. I just looked at the H&M website and saw that the Kodiak is taller, with a bit higher seat height. That might be better for my family. I'm only 5"4", while my husband is 6'3" and all of my children are b/t 5'7" and 6' tall. Do you think that the Kodiak would be better for us? I'd like to get some prices from you Duane regarding these sofas in leather, class 2... You spoke so highly of Columbia also.
    Thanks so much!

ckeefer Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore sofa

My hubby and I bought the Kodiak about a month ago. He is 5'8" or so and I am about 5'5" to 5'6". We love it, but we do need an ottoman with it or our legs dangle. The height of the back is really comfortable. We sat in a City but we felt the back height and seat height were too small for what we were looking for. They are both nice sofas depending on what you are looking for. We wanted "family room" furniture, something we could lounge on, sleep on, watch tv, and have guests relax in, the City seemed a bit too small for that.

The 9844 City Sofa is definitely smaller, I'm just shy of 6'0" tall and for me its too tight and cramped. I'd much rather have a Kodiak between the two, but that will be a pricer sofa as it has more features and details on it. PM for prices, or look in the CLASSIFED section for two I have in stock in Columbia Butternet.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The 9844 City Sofa is definitely smaller, I'm just shy of 6'0" tall and for me its too tight and cramped. I'd much rather have a Kodiak between the two, but that will be a pricer sofa as it has more features and details on it. PM for prices, or look in the CLASSIFED section for two I have in stock in Columbia Butternet.
    I don't understand. The 9844 City Sofa has an interior width of 73" and a depth of 23".

The Kodiak has an interior width of 67" and a depth of 22".

So how is the City Sofa cramped and tighter than the smaller Kodiak?

I do see the Kodiak is an inch and a half taller--does that make the difference?

My mistake! I was referring to the more popular of the two City sofas, the # 9840, which is on the Town and Country collection and definitely smaller. The # 9844 is the larger of the two City series (this is why I'm not real keen on having two different sofas with the same model series name - but so be it).

I do find the height of the Kodiak to be more what taller men want in a sofa. The Kodiak is 4" higher than the City (9844) overall, and 2.5" taller inside (assuming the web measurements are accurate). Overall, the Kodiak is one of the more popular sofas for comfort.
    Duane Collie

bdahl Guest

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I send a private message to get a price quote from you Duane?

Easy! Just click on my user id "drcollie" in any message, a little box pops up, select PRIVATE MESSAGE and type away...
    Duane Collie