Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening (1667) Sofa in Imperial Whiskey Burnished

Default Evening (1667) Sofa in Imperial Whiskey Burnished

My Evening Sofa (#1667) in Imperial Whiskey Burnished was delivered yesterday. The outdoor picture shows the color best. It is a very rich chocolate color with a reddish hue. Duane did advise me that light, medium or heavy burnishing is determined by the applicator. Although I had requested medium burnishing it is a bit darker than I anticipated; however, I love it just the same.

For an additional fee, nail trim was placed all around the back of the sofa to both highlight the curve at the top and to “finish” the back because it would be floating in the room. I also ordered two throw pillows with one side in the burnished leather and the other in Somona Hazelnut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg 
Views:	1906 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0226.jpg 
Views:	1606 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	1195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg 
Views:	1688 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	1196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg 
Views:	1604 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	1197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg 
Views:	1363 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	1198  

Default Re: Evening (1667) Sofa in Imperial Whiskey Burnished

Looks Great! I had to laugh at the Sun Delivery guys - I know how heavy that Evening sofa is....you can see it on the one's face. Did Sun do a good job for you?

Nail trim outline on the back was a good call - that really finishes the piece well when it floats in the room. Worth the extra cash IMHO.

How do you like the pillows with leather one side, suede on the opposite side?

The burnished look goes well with the rough-hewn coffee table.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

mcarey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by juliepooch View Post
    My Evening Sofa (#1667) in Imperial Whiskey Burnished was delivered yesterday. The outdoor picture shows the color best. It is a very rich chocolate color with a reddish hue. Duane did advise me that light, medium or heavy burnishing is determined by the applicator. Although I had requested medium burnishing it is a bit darker than I anticipated; however, I love it just the same.

For an additional fee, nail trim was placed all around the back of the sofa to both highlight the curve at the top and to “finish” the back because it would be floating in the room. I also ordered two throw pillows with one side in the burnished leather and the other in Somona Hazelnut.
    Your sofa looks great! What type of nail did you use?

I'll be writing up something regarding my entire purchase experience later. Now to answer Duane's questions.

The Sun guys did a great job. Although my front door measures 36" width on the inside, the exterior framing caused the opening to be about 34". Rather than try to squeeze it in, we opted to bring it in the back through our 48+" sliding door. (This is a German door and total framed width is 9 feet wide.) Sun used a dolly to bring it around the house but then had to carry it up two sets of 8 steps to the top patio. Piece of cake after that.

Duane, you did an excellent job on helping me select the pillows. I really like the suede on the opposite side. Thank you.

The burnished leather gives just the right amount of aging to go with the coffee table and a lot of other "old" stuff we have. The sofa's 91" length also balances the coffee table which is 30" x 60" with a substantial trestle base. This table is made from original WWII Liberty Ship hatch covers and was purchased from "The Ship's Hatch" store in Fairfax City in the late '70s.

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't pick up our Sadler chair in Charleston Tobacco in the back of photo 3! This is one of two we have.

I saw that Sadler in the background, along with the kitchen counter stools we need to replace with some in burnished leather <G>
    Duane Collie

mcarey... I just asked Duane to have H&M put the nails all around the back but did not specify the type. I do know that the nails received the same burnishing treatment as the leather. Perhaps Duane can tell you.

Duane...The Imperial Whiskey Burnished leather would look great with my granite countertops plus I'd love to have it on my Target kitchen stools. That would take them to a whole new level of sophistication!! How much would H&M charge for 3 @ 18" and 1 @ 20" rounds. I've reupholstered 2 chairs and 2 sofas and think I could handle this.

That's just the standard "A" nail on the Evening Sofa, but its been glazed with the burnishing compound - its a good look!

LOL, if you want to buy just leather for the stool tops, its $ 15.00 per square foot Looks like you would want about 16 s.f, so $ 240 and probably $ 15 to UPS it.
    Duane Collie

Okay. See PM for alternatives.

D53 Guest

Thats a great looking sofa! For what its worth, those look like the same guys who delivered my sofa (at least the one who's face is visible is the same guy. I'm assuming that the other fellow is the same guy as who delivered mine). If they only knew....

There's a sticky under LEATHER UPHOLSTERY how to care for your furniture
    Duane Collie