Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Bedroom Furniture

Default Looking for Bedroom Furniture

In the market for nice bedroom furniture and maybe some new end tables and wondering what's a good but budget friendly brand out there?

I went to our local furniture mega store and to be honest as I suspected would happen I was underwhelmed with the quality of the build on most pieces. I may just start looking used but even then knowning a few brands that hold up well from quality companies will help. Thanks!

soster Guest

Good and Budget Friendly have changed in the last couple of years.

For most people today, Budget Friendly turns out to be junk.

For a good product that is reasonably priced I like AP Furniture.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know that most if not all 5 piece bedroom sets for under a grand new probably will not be built to last even if it say's all wood. What I am looking for is what brands should I be looking that may not be high end but definetely are good pieces.

soster Guest

For under $1000? I think those days are long gone. Even $2000 will only get you certain imported products.

Quote Originally Posted by soster View Post
    For under $1000? I think those days are long gone. Even $2000 will only get you certain imported products.
    I might not of been clear, I was saying I am pretty sure any set under a grand is not going to last long. I agree it's probably 2000 grand an up for 5 piece but just wondering what companies are still respected for everyday bedroom furniture.

soster Guest

There are still quite a number of companies. With so many suppliers out there it seems that some brands are easier to find than others in any given city. These days "Made in USA" (or Canada) is a pretty good mark of quality. Since the design is a very important consideration as well, it would be easier if you asked us about specific brands or models that you liked.

DBinOC Guest

Default How about brands for kids?

My youngest boy is due for a real bed. We already have a twin box and mattress, but it's just on a frame right now. He wants to have a "real bed" like his older brother (who's using my old bed from when I was a kid - my dad rescued that one out of a barn in Ohio and refinished it).

Any suggestions for a durable twin bed?

Many thanks in advance,

DBinOC

soster Guest

Plenty of suppliers to choose from for a wood bed. We sell AP and Dutailier and are happy with them. Anything made of steel should be good as well.

green-minded Guest

I've looked at quite a few beds lately and am impressed with the value of Kincaid and Durham. But maybe they're above your price range(?) A king-size bed costs about $900-$1200.

So I found a few brands I'll list them in order of what I like/want

Alan Morgan Hertiage http://www.fineoak.com/showroom5.htm

Mobel Beds here is an example of one I like http://www.mobelinc.com/Beds/american-mantel.htm

Aspen Home http://www.aspenhome.net/default.aspx?TabID=82&cid=1

One place has very nice (expensive) stuff but also can order Stanley furniture. Anyone have any opnions on these items/companies or what alternatives are out there?
    Last edited by Briant73; 02-17-2009 at 11:50 AM.