Thread: Hancock and Moore 4716 Sundance in Portfolio Claret

Default Hancock and Moore 4716 Sundance in Portfolio Claret

One of the new leathers for H&M, not yet swatched at dealers - available in widespread distribution in July 2010. Grade 2 leather, Finished, Pebbly texture, soft hand. Very similar to the Berkshire series of leather, but softer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sundance Red.jpg 
Views:	2059 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	1267  
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-30-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckeefer Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore 4716 Sundance in Portofino Claret

That is a beauty!

Damask Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore 4716 Sundance in Portfolio Claret

This is an old thread but I'll ask anyway...
    As they say, "he who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who doesn't remains a fool forever"

Any chance you recall what cushions were installed on this Sundance? Standard or Ultra Down?
    I know H&M usually installs Ultra Down on floor models but I also know you order pieces with Standard ones as well...
    They look very nice... We saw Ultra Down on Sundance and they were very comfy but definitely did not look as nice as these; the leather was way more "relaxed" and seemed kind of "stretched"... Granted, it was a floor model and probably used for quite a while, but then again, we'll use ours on daily basis too.

Thank you!

HA! That was three years ago and about 5,000 sofas....no way I can remember what cushions were in that piece. That was taken in my store, but that sofa was only here for three weeks or so before it sold. Probably standard ones, as I normally don't option my floor models with Ultra Down due to the added cost. (They throw in Ultra Down cores at no charge if I buy stock at Market, but I don't think that Sundance was a market buy). I have a new one in the same leather inbound for the floor stock that will be here any day now - it will have standard cores in it and I'll photo it before bringing into the store. Any piece with Ultra Down is going to be more relaxed looking and puddle a bit more.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Damask Guest

Duane, once again you prove what a wonderful salesman, and a person in general, you are! Thank you for taking the time to reply to my "a bit insane" question "Probably standard cushions" is what I suspected and your further explanation is much appreciated.
    Looking forward to the photos of the incoming sofa; thank you once again!

We purchased this sofa last week and expect delivery over the next 4-weeks or so. We have looked for a sofa for about 18-months, and along that timeline learned about H&M leather furniture. We have so many leather pieces in our living room that my wife wan't going allow us to replace our Wesley Hall fabric sofa with a leather one until she saw and sat down on this sofa. She absolutely loved the color and the comfort. I personally am just thrilled to end up with another leather piece. The texture in this leather cover appeared a little bit like a football to me, which looked great. Our cushions are down-core as the piece was ordered at the Market and as such, no extra cost. We have had an H&M Royal High-leg Recliner now for about 4 or 5 months and really enjoy it.