Thread: Sofa dilemma - bronson, sloane, sundance

mnholmen Guest

Default Sofa dilemma - bronson, sloane, sundance

We have it narrowed down too a few different Hancock and Moore sofas and I am wondering if anybody has any comments on either the Sundance, Bronson or SLoane. We are thinking about doing them in upholstery since we have never had a leather sofa in the past and the comfort level scares me. I guess what I mean by that is we live in MN and when it is cold out, is the sofa cold? If it is hot and sticky, am I going to stick to the sofa? Has anybody ordered one of these sofas in upholstery, any pics? I am a little fearful that upholstery is going to take away a little of the appeal of these sofas as well. Any insight would be welcomed.

Thank you

Riddle Guest

Default Re: Sofa dilemma - bronson, sloane, sundance

None of those frames scream "leather only" to me. In a lot of ways leather is easier. Pick a decent, non-specialty leather in a fairly normal color, and the sofa will look fine. You have think carefully about what the fabric will do with the shape of the frame and details like button tufting.

Gypsy Guest

Default Re: Sofa dilemma - bronson, sloane, sundance

Do consider leather. Long term it is a better investment. Having lived in Houston - 95+ heat with 85% humidity - I found my leather sofa to be much more comfortable and forgiving than my upholstered chairs. My mom has leather chairs in Kansas, and in January they're not really very different from upholstered furniture when you first sit down.