Does anyone know a way other than this website or local store to get product questions answered by H&M? I am a little frustrated because the H&M website has so little information about the products and my local store people don't really seem to know much detail other than it's a wonderful company and the products are top of the line. I would also like to know if they put springs or marshall units in the backs of the leather sofas like they do in the chairs. Does anyone know? I don't know why there is no contact phone for the company to offer customer service like on this website. I saw on their local BBB that they have an "F" grade and are not approved by their local BBB. This makes me a little nervous when I am about to purchase an expensive sofa. I would like to have thorough answers to product questions from a company sponsored customer support contact so I can be sure their point of view is getting told properly. I do think the person running this website is doing that, but it does appear to be from his own passion and not sponsored by the company. Am I incorrect to assume they offer no customer service except through a local store? I like to have a thorough understanding of a particular furniture line's construction features in more detail than their little video. I didn't even get the sofa name or model number or leather grade or color from my local store, they did not have it on the tag, the receipt, nor did they seem to know or think I should care. I don't like that, but it's a shame because I adore the sofa. Am I missing something? Is it just the store not being involved enough? Thanks.