Thread: Moving sofas, Grainger H&M, how to tell what size fits through the door

riverwalk Guest

Default Moving sofas, Grainger H&M, how to tell what size fits through the door

Has anyone ever moved a H&M Grainger through a 32 inch door (77 high)? I don't think it will fit because it does not appear that the back legs come off. Does anyone know if they come off? We are going to put in a bigger door if it won't fit. Once you sit on that sofa you don't want to leave it at the store.

Default Re: Moving sofas, Grainger H&M, how to tell what size fits through the door

Might fit, but it will be tight and depends on how good the delivery team is. Might scar the top of the bustles (which are attached). When we do those in a 32" doorway, blanket the top and secure it with plastic stretch wrap. That way we can push to the door jam without scratching the leather. Going to be close.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Moving sofas, Grainger H&M, how to tell what size fits through the door

There is a blog that exists precisely for this type of question. Check out Harry Lipsky at http://en.allexperts.com/q/Moving-Furniture-2016/.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

riverwalk Guest

Well, our sofa was purchased over a month and a half ago, and come Wednesday, we will have a larger door so it can be delivered finally. Thankfully, the store is holding it in their warehouse without charge. I am glad I didn't find out it wouldn't really fit while it was being dropped off from a freight company in the rain...I read about some countries that have big crane pulleys permanently attached to the tall buildings for people to move furniture in and out through the windows. Heck, that sofa wouldn't even fit through our windows. I can't wait to sit on it.