Thread: "Key Elements for Best Construction" Manufacturer recommendations

Massmagic Guest

Default "Key Elements for Best Construction" Manufacturer recommendations

Drcollie,

Iam new to the forum; however, have read many of your posts and greatly appreciate your expert advise. It is like a breath of fresh air to those who are searching amongst the many pieces of furniture available.

What manufacturers do you recommend that have "Key elements for best construction" in a sofa. Love the leather, but am afraid as I have a nicely mannered cat, but sometimes goes wild and runs around the walls and furniture. I have one of those Early American homes and need the Early American look in a sofa for the Family Room that has wing backed chair and camel backed love seat. ( I love a sofa made by Johnston Benchworks, but do not know if it is quality)???

I live near Gardner, MA where I can virtually order any thing from major furniture manufacturers.

But, I know you are an expert and want and really would appreciate your recommendations on manufacturers.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate this site...it is FAB!

Massmagic

Default Re: "Key Elements for Best Construction" Manufacturer recommendations

Thanks for joining, hope you like the forum.

I used to be a dealer for Johnston Benchworks, in fact - I think my account is still open with them but I've not floored any of their product for at least the past five years. Their frames are well-constructed, and sturdy, but their cushions cores and springs/deck angles are not very good. I found the line to be uniformly uncomfortable compared to what other makers have to offer, though I will give then nod in creating good designs for period homes. Most all upholstery furniture that looks early period is built like that.

I like Southwood Furniture for the best in period replicas overall. I've sold it for over 30 years now, and have at least 10 pieces in my own home. It hits all the right marks for style, comfort, good fabrics, proper construction and is fairly priced. Their # 1676 and # 1776 Camelbacks are best in the industry, and I'm partial to the # 1846 Wing Chair as one of their finest in comfort and style.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.