Thread: Questions about cushions for a used H@M City sofa 9844 I Just purchased

Lilly Guest

Default Questions about cushions for a used H@M City sofa 9844 I Just purchased

I Just purchased a City sofa off of craigslist a few days ago and the former owner said it was 5 years old but when looking at the inside of the seat cushion the tag says HAME 12\16\03. Does this indicate when the seat core was installed? My understanding is that warranty for seat cushion replacement does not transfer to new owners any idea how much the regular non down cushions cost to replace? Thank you

Default Re: Questions about cushions for a used H@M City sofa 9844 I Just purchased

Yes, those are std Qualux Cores and appx. 6 years old. The warranty for new cores free of charge is applicable to the original owner only. New ones are $ 83 each (plus shipping) if ordered through my store - other dealers may set a different price.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Lilly Guest

Default Re: Questions about cushions for a used H@M City sofa 9844 I Just purchased

Thank You Duane for your response, I may be contacting you to purchase the cores but I am first going to see if I can talk to the former owner and work something out. It is highly doubtful since he was dishonest to begin with.Other the the cushions needing refreshing the couch is in very good condition and I will be happy with it. I wonder if if other then the cushion core sticker there is any way to determine how old a piece of furniture really is. I am sure this would help other folks out there with limited funds looking for good secondhand furniture. Any body have any ideas?
    Thank You again

Pretty much I'd guess the cushion core dates are indicative of the sofa's age. Doubtful he replaced them.
    Duane Collie

Mahogany Bob Guest

And to think he could have replaced them for free before her sold the sofa to you. I mean even if he had just given you the brand new cores in a box and you did the work I'm sure everyone would have been satisfied. And he could have probably gotten more for the sofa as well.

Most people don't know that H&M guarantees the cushion cores for life to the original owner. I'm guessing he just didn't know.
    Duane Collie

Mahogany Bob Guest

Wink Re: Questions about cushions for a used H@M City sofa 9844 I Just purchased

I had not thought about that. I only know because I read it here on Duane's forum.
    If I had made a very expensive mistake buying from my local dealer I'm sure I would not have known about the cushion replacement either. Just another reason why I'm glad I ordered from Duane.