I am looking to purchase two leather sofas. Thank goodness I found this forum, as I almost purchased
two sofas from Bassett. After reading here about the leathers coming out of China, I called the Bassett headquarters, and was told that indeed the sofa I was considering was manufactured in China. I am now considering the Bradington Young "Dietrich" sofa, #660-95. I went to a furniture store in my area of CT and found the BY "Richardson" on the floor. The salesperson told me that the same choices were available for the "Dietrich" collection as well. Only three were offered from the 866 group. The one I'm considering is in the burgundy color, #9886-86. After reading all the information concerning these married leathers, I asked if by any chance these leathers were from China. The salesperson assured me that while they were not processed in the US, they were not from China. Seeing that Mr. Collie is a furniture dealer, I thought you might be able to give me the honest answer. Thanks for your help.