Thread: Help to decide between Sundance and Journey Sofa

neelo Guest

Lightbulb Help to decide between Sundance and Journey Sofa

Hi Duanne,

we have been struggling with the decision about our formal living room's sofa..

We like both Journey sofa and Sundance sofa and getting to a point where we really need help.

we like the elegance of sundance sofa and traditional look of journey sofa.

Can you please help with some of your inputs..

How about the leather choices given in town and country program.. as we are going to stay within the programs offerings.

Please please please help..

if anybody else have experience with any of the sofa .. please share your experience.

thanks
    Neelo

Default Re: Help to decide between Sundance and Journey Sofa

Hi Neelo,

These are two different sofas, and look and feel differently as well.

The Sundance is all about style, with its beautifully finished side panels and fully tufted back, it really shines when not pushed up against a wall and is 'floated' out in the room. Few sofas look good from the back and sides, this one is probably even better when viewed from those angles then from the front. The sofa has a gentle curve to the front as well, so keep that in mind. This is a DEEP sofa, and takes a lot of floor space up front to back. Its heavy and requires at least a 34" door opening at a minimum to get through. 35" is better. It sits deeper than most and has a slightly more aggressive back lean than others.

The Journey is a much more conventional sofa, with straight lines and is all about comfort. Very plush, very lounge-worthy. You don't even need a pillow to stretch out and take a nap on a Journey!

From a style standpoint the Sundance easily beats the Journey. its much more elegant looking and has real designer appeal to it. The Journey is the one you want for those 3 hour DVD movies, however.

As for program leathers, the Journey is in Document. Really not my favorite hide, I think Document is the Cheez-Whiz of leathers (over-processed and artificially enhanced far too much). Its durable and H&M sells a lot of it, but it lacks the qualities that 'real leather' buyers like. The Sundance comes in the new Portfolio, which I like far better. Its a textured grain leather that has more of that 'real leather' look to it, though its a fully protected hide.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dustinh Guest

I'm 6'1" and find the Sundance too deep for me; and like Duane said, the back angle is too aggressive unless you enjoy looking at your ceiling. Pretty sofa but the Journey is way more comfortable.

Linda5555 Guest

Thanks Duane, looks like I found my answer on the door opening size required to accommodate the Sundance sofa. Thanks so much.