Thread: Rug identification and what's it worth?

Bobby Lee Guest

Default Rug identification and what's it worth?

I was given this beautiful 10x14 rug and was curious as to what type of rug it is and its value. I'm sure someone out there can help me....I can not add pics here for some reason but the tag reads:

An American Handmade Cottage Industry Product
    Bale No 940
    Rug No R-3527
    Quality BJTA
    Colour Deep Red/Navy
    Design Bigar-9
    Size 14.0x9.8
    100% Genuine Wool Pile

There is also a crown at the top with the letters KRC

Thanks and I will try posting my pics again later.,,

Bobby Lee Guest

Default Re: Rug identification and what's it worth?

A picture of the rug is my profile photo. Thanks...R.

organic_smallhome Guest

If it's American-made, it's probably machine-made, unless it is an import. And it's then probably an Indo-Persian, handknotted rug. It's difficult to tell, because the photo on your profile is so small. I would have to see a close-up of the face and back of the rug, as well as a close-up of both sides of the fringe to determine whether is is handknotted. If so, depending on its condition, it could be worth anywhere from $1,000-2,000. If it's Persian, and older rather than newer, and in good condition, it could be worth quite a bit more. It is definitely the Bijar design. "KRC" might stand for KRC Textiles, a rug importer, out of CA. You might want to give them a call to find out more about the rug: 650-949-2021. I hope you do and report back with the information you've gathered. I would love to know more about it!

To post pics, go to "Go Advanced" and click on "Manage Attachments." Then, click on "Add Files." Then, "Select Files" and click on file to be uploaded. Then, click on "Upload Files." You should be all set.

Chelsea3684 Guest

I am not sure how to get to your profile picture to see the rug. from reading about it, it sounds beautiful.